13

She came back to Hastinapur with her parents.
Since the Demon's death Veda started working with Krishna as a secret agent. She assisted him in many fights, wars. She used to receive messages from him whenever he needed her, she runs to the Destination, finishes off her work and returns to her normal life.
Most of the missions were not that hard but sometimes she used to get into trouble.
Everytime she made a mistake she used to train herself to become stronger and stronger.

She secretly did an investigation about the enemy kingdom without leaving any clue. So basically, she led two different lives. One is, being a daughter, artist, machinery designer, a friend of Karna and the other is, a spy.
So for maintaining her privacy she designed herself a new super hero costume with a mask. (sometimes she used to take it off)
One day, she got the news about the decoites, who were robbing and hurting innocent people. The area was on the way to Kampilya.
She ran to that place, within few seconds she found them.
Her speed running was due to the lightning, so whenever she runs, a bright yellow spark is seen.
(At her maximum level she is invisible)

The story of a strange yellow light emerging from no where and beating the bad guys has spread all across the Aryavart.
That's why the Decoites were more careful.
As soon as they saw the spark, the group started firing arrows in the air, few waved the knife in empty air out of fear.
She somehow managed to knock them all out but unfortunately, she missed one. The missing guy, being a coward, attacked her from the back. The arrow got stuck in her leg. She winced in pain. Soon, she tied him to a tallest tree, which is far away from the others.
She took out the arrow from her leg. The pain was unbearable.
She went to a nearby tribal village, stole some clothes (she did have plans to return them 🤧😅), quickly changed her outfit, washed the wound and sat under the tree. It took her 4 hours to heal. She was lost in her own world.
The thing she didn't realise was the Pandavas and Kunti lived in kampilya at the end of their incognito.
That's the time when the Pandavas were passing by, they were resting a few meters away from the tree where Veda was resting. Nakul and Arjun took the initiative to fetch some water, Sahadev and Bheem went to grab some fruits, meanwhile, Yudhishtira stayed with Kunti to protect her.
Arjun and Nakul almost reached a river when they noticed someone sitting under the tree. They both were alert. Slowly Nakul sneaked out the bushes they where hiding behind, and saw Veda.
"Brother, I guess it's Veda. But, what is she doing here and that too alone? Let's go and check if everything's fine or not" said Nakul. He was about to step out when a crazy idea strucked Arjun's mind.
He immediately stopped Nakul and whispered something in his ears. Both  shared an evil glance.

"HOW DARE YOU YOUNG LADY. THIS IS MY FOREST AND THESE ARE MY TREES. HOW DARE YOU TRESPASS MY TERRITORY..."

She flinched at the sudden loud sound of someone.
She got confused 😕. She asked, "Who are you? Show yourself to me."

The voice laughed evilly and said, "I AM THE KING OF THIS FOREST. HOW DARE YOU ENTER THIS FOREST WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I SHALL EAT YOU ALIVE FOR WHAT YOU DID..."

(Again? 😑)

She stood up on her feet. She was fine now. She took and sharp breath and said, "OK I will leave then."

Nakul asked Arjun with a low voice "Why is she not even scared?"

Arjun just shrugged.

"ARE YOU NOT AFRAID OF ME. I AM A SPIRIT. YOU ARE JUST A MERE HUMAN."

She was now irritated, "Firstly you said you want me to leave and then you said you will eat me alive and now you want me to be scared of you? Come on don't act like a kid."
Puff.
Arjun and Nakul couldn't hold their laughter.
Both of their faces were now red from the laughter.
"Whatever I'm leaving now. Do whatever you want."said Veda before she turned in other direction.
But she stopped when she realised she was in Kampilya and Draupadi was already born.
She turned around and said, "So mister forest spirit. Do you by chance have any non poisonous fruits in your forest.?"