4

DAY-1 as Veda

The previous day was busy, Doctor prescribed many medicines. All of them were bitter.

As per today's schedule, I need to meet my friends (Veda's friends). Renuka told everyone in the village about her daughter coming back home safe and sound.
I guess she was a sweet girl. That means I am going to meet people right now. Soon guests started coming to their house.
The family must be famous in the neighbourhood
Everybody looked happy. Very happy to be exact. 

She knew that meeting her(Veda) friends was of no use but she doesn't want to disappoint the old couple and she was excited a bit. Because not everyone gets a chance to chill around an ancient-looking village. She met many people. At first, she was hesitant but slowly her extrovert side overtook her. She went to many places, tried different food, played with kids..etc. She enjoyed being in this place. Till afternoon she finished meeting all the people and went back home. She had her lunch( heavy lunch) and went up to her room to take a nap. Her room was spacious, she had a big, soft bed in the corner, since the room was on the first floor even the view from the window was eye-catching.

Devaiah is an artist. He owns a workshop. Renuka works as a maid for the queen. Economically, they were just a common middle-class family. After the Demon took away her daughter, the whole kingdom was terrified. Many soldiers were sent across the kingdom for securing the territory. But they couldn't find his whereabouts. It was the time when they lost all hope, Devaiah's daughter showed up. They thought Deviah's daughter can be a key to find out where the Demon is and what does he want?.

In Hatinapur's court:

Devaiah was called for questioning. All the members of the court were curious to know about the Demon. The court was filled with many civilians. King Dhritarashtra, Queen Gandhari, Maharathi Bhishma, Mahamantri Vidur, The Pandavas, The Kauravas along with Shakuni, King Karna, Mata Kunti, were present in the court. He was questioned by various members of the court regarding the sudden appearance of his daughter. He explained to them how they found her, her condition, and the treatments she is going through. Few members were very disappointed as they cannot ask questions to a patient who doesn't even remember anything. King Dhritarashtra assured Devaiah to provide her the best doctor and treatment so that she can recover soon. Devaiah thanked the King for his kind gesture.  

Meanwhile, our Great-great Shakuni mama was busy explaining to his favorite nephew that if he finds the Demon before anybody else could he would create a good impression on his people, which will also pave the way to his throne without much efforts.

In the evening,
Our Veda woke up from her tight sleep. Stretched her body. Yawned. And jumped out of the bed. She still has a lot of people on her bucket list to meet.
She freshened up and again went out. She saw a bunch of kids playing. She didn't even take a second to join them.
Her giggles and laughter were heard by everyone there.

Duryodhana on the other hand brought his friend Karna for visiting the young woman. Both were in disguise. Though they were dressed in commoner's outfits, their good sculptured bodies made it obvious that they were trained warriors. Karna and Duryodhana made eye contact and signaled to each other to move forward.
They saw a young lady amidst of children playing blindfold. Seeing such giant figures all the kids backed off. Veda was trying to find the kids stretching her hand. Soon she caught someone, but for sure it's not a kid. Immediately Veda took off the blindfold. She saw two tall people standing in front of them.
She got confused and said, "I'm sorry I thought you were um..., nevermind I'm sorry for your inconvenience" saying this she was about to leave, but one of the two called her saying "Wait a minute Veda, this is me, your friend, we used to play together when we are kids when we heard the news of your abduction we searched every single place for you. Even in the dark forest. And as soon as we heard the news that you came back home safely, we ran up to you"