7

Days passed by quickly. It was another routine day.
As soon as she woke up her eyes fell on the peacock feather which she beautifully laminated and hanged it on the wall. She truly wishes to meet Krishna someday. All of her childhood she heard stories of him. His mischievousness, his beauty, his music, his smile, his deeds, his everything. She wanted to see him at least once. Even the paintings were of Krishna's. No one has objected her for painting the Dwarkadheesh Krishna, because everyone loves him in their own way.
OK enough of thinking, it's time to leave for the Palace. Today she is going to help her mother with her work.
She, as usually completed her share of work. She was casually roaming here and there when she bumped into Duryodhan and Karna. Duryodhan knew that she is of no use to them but somehow he grew fond of her. As soon as she saw them she greeted them formally with their respective position and was about to leave. Soon they stopped her. She had no expressions on her face. She was just confused. She thought maybe they'll apologize for lying to her. "Yes, how can I help you, Rajkumar?"
"Look Veda, I just wanted to clear a few things," said Duryodhan.
"That's fine you don't have to explain anything. You were just fulfilling your duty towards your people. I understand." said Veda with an assuring smile. Both of them were quite impressed. They nodded and bid their goodbyes. Karna after walking a few steps looked back at her. Duryodhan noticed it and asked him what's wrong. Karna said, "I don't know why but I think she's different now. She's not like before".
Well, obviously she's not the same girl Karna knows. Karna was Devaiah's friends son. He knew her since she was little. But the sudden change in her behaviour caught his interest.
In that period all the girls are shy, scared of little things, hesitant while talking to any male, especially looking start into their eyes was not a cup of their tea.
"Veda!" called Karna. She turned around and looked at him. "Next time, don't go anywhere with strangers. Especially when it's a man". "Ask him to touch me. I will make him remember his grandma," said Veda with a smirk and continued her roaming. They both looked at her and just chuckled. After so much exploring Veda got hungry (Again!!). She again went to the kitchen but this time she kept it low. She only ate a couple of laddoos and a dozen of samosas. That's it.
But this time luck was not on her side. This time she got caught and it was Bheem. One samosa was in her left hand and the other was in her mouth and she was grabbing another one. And she stood there like a statue. She knew Bheem was also a foodie. She thought he will crush her into a Laddoo and eat her alive. Well, everyone is aware of his incredible strength. He didn't look that friendly either. "How dare you steal food in the royal kitchen. Do you have a death wish?". She gulped the samosa which was in her mouth in one go. His base voice was intimidating but she kept a poker face. "I'm sorry, I was hungry. I didn't intend to steal anything. My mother works here. And...and...". "Shut up! How dare you talk back to me?" roared Bheem.
That's how a conversation works sir!. She didn't say it out though.
"Now you definitely need to be punished, come out with me". She had no choice so she followed him quietly. Before he could find out she quickly took another laddoo and ate it in one go. She knows she needs more strength now.
He took her to the open place, showed her a wall, and instructed her to count the number of stones that were used to construct it. Well, that was easy. It was a usual task given to the people who were caught red handed by him. Assigning her with a task he turned around to leave but soon Veda called him and said, "Rajkumar Bheem, this wall is made up of 635 stones and it is 5 meters tall and 6 meters wide". Bheem warned her, "Are you trying to fool me? I just gave you the task it has hardly been 2 seconds and you have already counted the stones? If I come to know it's wrong then remember I will be giving you a very hard time". She nodded. Soon Bheem called the architect of the wall and asked him the count, he was shocked when the same number was heard from his mouth. Bheem was a bit irritated. He asked her how she did that. "A little Maths?" she said and smile hesitatingly.
Bheem took her to the practice ground and gave her an uneven metallic bar whose one side is unevenly large and heavy and another side is thin and light. He command her to hold it right.
Not only her he told his strongest soldier to hold it and if she can hold the bar longer than his soldier then she won't be punished for stealing. She calculated the bar's center of gravity and held it exactly at the point where the bar's weight becomes zero. She found her balance in a short time. It was becoming a difficult task for the soldier because he couldn't figure out where to hold it.
Soon the soldier gave up. Bheem was again surprised 🤨. How can a girl beat his finest soldier?
I mastered Mechanics sir this was just a piece of cake for me.
When he asked her how she did it, she explained to him the physics behind it. She told him the concept of center of gravity and also explained him why the soldier couldn't hold for long. Bheem was so impressed and satisfied with her explanation that he forgave her and also granted her permission to eat whenever she wants in the kitchen.
She was happy.
Soon Arjun came to the ground along with his brothers Nakul and Sahadev. Arjun asked him what she was doing there. Bheem explained the whole scenario to them, they all looked very impressed. "That was brilliant. How did you even get an idea for this?" asked Sahadev. "No, it's nothing new. This was already done by the Yadav Shrest Shri Krishna. He perfectly calculated the center of gravity of Govardhan Giri and balanced it perfectly on his little finger. He's such a Genius right?" said Veda by a perfectly syncing her actions with the words. "You know Krishna?" asked Arjun."Well you know him too". "Yes, but I never met him before. I have only heard a few stories of him, but I think he is a very interesting person," said Arjun. "Indeed. I think you will meet him soon," said Veda.
"Why do you think so?"
"I don't know, just a hunch" Veda smiled and left saying her goodbyes.
"Why did she say that?" thought Arjun. And went back to practice.
She saw Subhadra and Dushala gossiping in the garden. She has been seeing Subhadra since day 1 but she couldn't gather up the courage to meet her. Silently she watched her from a distance and satisfied herself. Only she knows how many times she prepared herself for a good conversation. But couldn't muster up her courage.
Subhadra, a beautiful woman, the Yog Maya who saved Lord Krishna from Evil Kamsa. But the thing Veda failed to notice is even she was been observed by Subhadra from day 1. Subhadra was just waiting for her to approach her and talk. But it looks like Veda is overthinking a lot. So Subhadra herself decided to make a move. She ordered a servant to bring Veda to her saying she is needed by Dushala. Dushala was confused. Subhadra ensured her that whatever she was doing was for a reason. Dushala just nodded.
Soon Veda came to meet Dushala, but she was nervous to meet Subhadra. She quietly went inside the room and greeted both the princesses. Subhadra immediately stood up and said, "I'm very disappointed in you Veda! " faking anger. Veda blinked a couple of times before asking, "Wh..y? Wh...at did I do?" without losing eye contact.
"What do you mean but 'what did I do?'. Is this how long you take to meet a friend?" Friend..? Since when? 🤔
Dushala said, "Friend? Do you know her?". "Yes, we met when we were young. She used to come to Dwarka for meeting their grandparents. We met long before. Right?" she said looking at Veda. Maybe she knows 'her' but I'm not 'her' how should I handle this situation? Hey Krishna help me. "I'm sorry but I don't remember meeting you before," said Veda honestly.
"I know Veda. I heard that you were abducted by a demon and forgot your past. But I'm telling you, you will definitely remember everything soon when you come to visit your grandparents this time, I will take you to all the places we used to visit as children".

"And moreover, I was just playing with you, you don't have to be scared in front of me. OK?"
Veda smiled and nodded at her. "Look I bought you a gift" saying this she handed her a plate covered by a Blue shiny garment. Veda looked confused. She slowly removed the cloth and found a beautiful flute inside it. All Veda could say was "Thank you" she almost felt emotional. Subhadra quickly gave her a hug.
Looking at her kind nature Veda was touched. She was so happy to see her.
The trio talked about so many things. And amidst the conversation, Subhadra asked about the painting she made the other day. Two of the paintings made were of Krishna. Veda's father has put all her paintings on the show, and the paintings were sold out at the highest prices in a short period. One of them was bought by Subhadra herself.

Subhadra showed her the painting she has bought and asked her what Krishna meant to her

Subhadra showed her the painting she has bought and asked her what Krishna meant to her. She openly confessed her love for Krishna. She said, "It can only be felt. Not said."
Saying this she took out the flute and started playing the music.

(imagine her singing the song and playing the music. When both coincide just focus on lyrics).

Her music and song were heard by everyone outside the room as well. Soon people started to gather. Such an amazing voice and music. Everyone were in a different world. So peaceful. So soothing.

As soon as she finished the song she slowly opened her eyes. She had a great voice. The way she described Krishna was so perfect, it was obvious that he was her hero. She saw Mata Kunti, the Queen, Vera's mother Renuka, and the Pandavas behind her.
Daymn...when did they come?

She could see how overwhelming they are.
Karna and Duryodhan also heard her song but from a safe distance. Karna even felt a bit jealous of Krishna.
"Looks like she is blessed with a good voice too," said Duryodhan. "Yes," that's the only reply he got from his friend. Soon they too left for their practice.

Kunti was out of words, "I felt like I went back to olden days where I used to scold him and punish him for stealing Makhan. It was beautiful my child, I didn't know you could sing so well. You actually made me emotional today. I'm so happy. Thank you, dear." saying this she cupped her cheek. Veda smiled at her.
Why is this so embarrassing? he..he..he

"Well, now I think I should definitely meet him. Even I want to see that special person who made my friend fall for him" said Arjun. "It's not like that. I just love him as a devotee. That's it." said Veda with a smile.
Don't kill me more Arjun hahaha

"Makhan chor, now I know who is the inspiration behind stealing food from the kitchen," said Bheem. She was hella embarrassed and soon everyone burst into laughter. Her ears turned red quickly.
Hehe.
"Looks like you are multitalented dear. I heard it from the servants that you alone prepared a whole meal for the Royal family the other day. I must say you are quite impressive. Renuka is indeed blessed with a gift".
Not only this Subhadra also showed the painting of Krishna she made. Though Gandhari couldn't see, she tranced her fingers on the painting and felt fine lines on it. Her personal assistance also described the beautiful art incredibly well.
The rest of the day went really amazing. Her friendship with the Pandavas, Dushala, and Subhadra was strong now.
At night she shared all the things that happened in the morning and afternoon with her father and also showed him the gift she received from Subhadra. He was so proud of her.
She had a long tiring day today so she went to sleep early. "Good night Krishna" she murmured and fell into a deep sleep.