9.

The next day, in the Palace,
Her small act of bravery and kindness was greatly appreciated by the Queen herself. Renuka's eyes were filled with pride. She cupped her daughter's face and showered her with kisses.
(Wow. )
After the session, she took her leave and headed straight to the kitchen. She was hungry again. This time she was not alone. Even Bheem, Nakul, and Sahdev were also there. She greeted them and took her part and started eating. Nakul and Sahadev's jaw dropped looking at the amount of food she was eating. Bheem was happy to get a company for him. That's when Nakul said, "What would have happened to you both if there was no kitchen in the palace?".
"Shut up!" Bheem and Veda said in unison. Nakul was terrified, regretting his decision for asking such a question. They all laughed at Nakul's reaction.
But Veda continued, "Rajkumar Bheem if you ever find a place where you find no kitchen then dig a hole and disappear OK?" munching a bit of Samosa.
"Sure," said Bheem and continued his eating.
(A little spoiler won't make any difference. Right?)
(I hope they safely get out of that wax house.)
(Maybe I should check on Duryodhan and Karna once.)
She got up from her place saying she is full and headed towards the practice ground.
She found Vikarn who was practicing his archery and Karn was instructing him. Thank god, this time it's not a rabbit.
"If you miss the target again you will have to run 100 rounds holding your bow on your head," said Karna.
A mischievous smile crept on Veda's face.
When the arrow was about to hit the target she quickly ran to the arrow and gave it a light touch. Soon the arrow changed its direction and it hit the bottom of the board.
**Evil laugh**
She quickly hid behind the pillar and was laughing like hell! Soon she was caught by Karna. Karna saw her laughing so hard, that it made him wonder what was so amusing in that.
"Veda, what are you doing here? And what is making you laugh so hard?"
She quickly straightened herself up and nodded her head as a 'no'. "It's just I.....felt like Laughing. Yes. I felt like laughing." said Veda with an awkward smile. "You find it funny because Vikarn couldn't hit the target right?" said Karna. "No. NONONONO. It's definitely not the case. I wasn't...."
"Why don't you try it?" said Karna. "Me? Archery?".
"Yes, the other day you were so confident when you said 'I'll make him remember his grandma'. Come on let's see if it's true or not".
Veda was shocked at his sudden challenge. But she agreed soon. She only touched bow when she was with her friends in Fun City.
But she actually wanted to give it a try at least.
(OK the bow is heavy. Nice.)
One. Two. Three.
She released her bow and quickly ran after it and set the direction when it was only inches apart from the target.

She openly used her powers and no one noticed. Not even the great warrior. She is doing a good job hiding her skills but also showcasing them openly.
That was impressive. Bullseye. "Hurray!!" saying this she jumped high in the air and offered a high five to Karna. But it wasn't Suraj so she hesitatingly lowered her hand and just smile. Karna took her hand and high-fived it with his. Veda showed her full smile and again gave him a high-five. Karna all this time kept a smile on his face. But deep down he knew something was off. But he wantedly ignored it. She was looking so happy that it warmed his heart. "That was great. How did you even manage to hit a bullseye? Do you know archery.?" said Karna. "No it's just, I saw Arjun doing the same a couple of times".
Karna's expressions soon turned cold.
Veda noticed it and asked, "So.. How is it going with Arjun? Are you still so-called enemies?"
"You can just leave if you want to talk about him," said Karna and moved to the nearby table where all the bows are displayed.
Veda simply nodded and said, "Just because you having the same interests doesn't mean you have to prove your skills by competing with each other. Just think how much good you can do if you fight together not by being enemies but by being partners." in a low voice.

"I can hear you," said Karna.
(That's the point)
"No it's just, I heard from my dad that you learned your skills on your own. I am pretty sure you didn't learn them just for showing off right?". Karna angrily turned around. But there was no one.
She quickly ran and hid behind the wall which was at a safe distance from him.
"Phew. I am safe" said Veda to herself and left that place.
Karna was angry but still, her words made sense.
On her way to the Queen's chamber, she saw Duryodhan walking out angrily. "Oo prana....m" he didn't even notice her and walked past her. (Owch that was rude).
She even saw Shakuni on her way. She greeted the 'Ludo King' but even he didn't notice her and followed his nephew.
(Lol I don't even care about them. Well... Did they not plan wax house yet?)
(I know Pandavas are strong enough to save themselves. I guess now it's not a good time to visit the Queen)
She changed her direction and again went to the kitchen. She filled her stomach fully with sweets and hots.
(Now where should I go?)
It's almost evening. It was time for her to go back home. She got a message that her mother left for home long back because she had some work and was informed to get back home as soon as she received this message. But she didn't go home. She rather ran into the restricted area of the palace. It was the direction where Duryodhana headed a few hours ago. She same near a dark area where she saw Shakuni, Duryodhana, Dushasan, Karna, and Purochan talking about something.
(So they didn't change the plan huh? Killing their own brothers? What kind of world are we living in? And Karna doesn't even know that there are his own blood brothers. Should I tell him? Will he stop supporting Duryodhana after knowing the truth? Or will I make things much worse?)
She was busy in her thoughts and she didn't notice a soldier coming from behind. "WHO ARE YOU? HOW DARE YOU COME TO RESTRICTED AREA?!" (Shoot!)
She quickly ran away to her home freshened up and went to sleep. She acted like she was sleeping.
Meanwhile, Duryodhan, Dushasan, Shakuni, and Karna came out of the room and inquired about the invader, who dared to step into the restricted area. No one really has noticed who it was, except one. One soldier saw that it was Veda but he wasn't sure because it was too dark. "Soldiers! Go and get her here right now! If she tries to escape do not hesitate to kill her!" said Shakuni. Karna was stunned. Killing Veda?.
But he said, "Please don't do anything before knowing the truth Gandharaj. It is not possible. It is past her work time. Maybe it wasn't her" with a serious tone. "Oho, now a sut is supporting a dasi like her. Wah! Is she that good to risk our whole plan and let her go?" said Dushasan.
Karna's blood boiled at his statement.
"Stop it Dushasan!" said Duryodhan. "Karna I know what you are thinking. But this matter is very confidential my friend. If anyone knows about this then I will be banished from my own kingdom." said Duryodhan faking sadness.
"I understand your concern my friend, but what if it's not her? We can't kill an innocent without having any proof. Trust me friend I will personally go and check whether it was her or not. If it was her then she might have not gone so far, and I will take care of it myself" said Karna sincerely. But inside he was praying to Lord that it shouldn't be her. Karna immediately took his chariot and headed towards her home and meanwhile asked the soldiers to search the entire area and bring him to notice if they find someone.
Karna went to Veda's house as fast as he can. He immediately barged in along with 2 soldiers. He asked Renuka where Veda is. It was hard to process what was happening around her, so she pointed her hand towards her room. Karna ordered the soldiers to keep an eye on her parents. Both her parents were terrified 😰. They were holding each other for support and praying to Lord to save her child. Karna went upstairs. Her door was not locked. He went in and saw Veda sleeping peacefully. Everything went silent for him. He internally screamed and thanked God for listening to his prayers. She forgot to blew her candle before she went to sleep. Her golden complexion was glowing in the candlelight. She kept both her hands beside her head and slept like a baby. That's what he thought. He slowly sat beside her and said, "Remember when Duryodhan introduced me as Suraj. I saw you playing with kids, your giggles, your laughter, everything about you felt so special. The way you talk, the way you understand things that were not even told. I fell in love with you Veda. I wish you always be with me and correct me whenever I do something wrong". He slowly caressed her hair and said, "You almost gave me a heart attack today. Don't ever do that again.". She gripped his hand in her sleep and held it very tight. Karna was enjoying this beautiful moment with her. He slowly released himself from her grip and told her Good night. He covered her with a blanket, blew the candles, and closed the door. He came out and assured her parents that everything was fine. He got the wrong information about her being seen at the restricted part of the palace. Her mother gave a heavy sigh after listening to him and said while crying, "Thank you God for listening to my prayers. I thought I will lose her again."
"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. But now everything is fine. And it's up to you whether you want to tell her about this or not. I shall take my leave now" said Karna while holding his hands. Devaiah nodded.
Karna left for the palace and informed Duryodhan that it wasn't her. It was impossible for anyone to escape from the restricted area and reach their home in 5 to 10 mins. Everyone was convinced that it was not Veda but... Who was it? This was the major dilemma. But still, they stuck with their own plan.
"Soon the Pandavas will be gone forever," said Duryodhan with an evil laugh.