14

Everybody heard about the conflict that happened in Swayamvar.
As soon as she got the news, she immediately wanted to run there and help the people. But she hardly held herself.
She locked herself in her room and started paintings to distract herself.
Now that she has a job to do she thought to update her costume.
She made many designs and stitched herself a new outfit.
She had to spend lots of money for the cloth though. But, it was worth it. Finally the costume is ready.

That's how she looked when she uses her powers

That's how she looked when she uses her powers. Light glowing around her. Eyes turning yellow.
Since the mask was a distraction to her, she thought of removing it. And instead, she increased her luminance, which hid her facial features.

(*That's captain marvel but........ nevermind 😁*)

It took her lots of effort and time and this distracted her from thinking about the events happening around her.
She came out of her room after 7 days.

They got the news of Pandavas being alive and them coming back to their kingdom excited her. The people were very happy about their arrival. There was a festival vibe in the air.
But she has one more important thing to handle.
Her marriage with Karna.
She stepped out to meet him but he was already standing in front of their house.
She smiled looking at him and gave him a high five
"Finally! How are you?" asked Veda.
"Great! I heard that you wanted to talk to me about something. How about we go to our place?. "

('our')

"Sounds great." she smiled tight lipped.

Soon they reached 'their' place.

"Tell me, what is it?" asked Karna.

"I will tell you but tell me what happened in the Swayamvar first." said Veda.

He looked a bit hurt as it wasn't a pleasant experience for him.

"Karna, our parents wants us to get married." said Veda looking at him.
"Won't you tell me now?"

Karna shockingly looked at her and asked, "What? When did that happen? What did you say about it?"

"I didn't say anything yet. But I wanted to know your opinion first. What do you think about our marriage?"

Karna didn't know if he is supposed to be happy first or surprised at her sudden question.

"What do you mean? You don't like me?"

"It's not like that Karna. I like you. I really really like you so much.., but marrying... I don't know what kind of wife I would be to my friend. I am so clumsy. *she ran her fingers through her hair* *taking a deep breath *I don't even  have any reason to say no. *said in a low but audible voice*"
saying this she looked away.

He was confused. She was openly talking about her marriage with her would be husband.
Karna stayed quiet for a second and said,"If you are not ready then I will ask our parents to wait for sometime. What do you say?"

"Nevermind. They already started their preparation for our marriage.
But I want some time from you."

He didn't get her. "What do you mean?"

"I mean let's get married. But let's stay as friends till I think I'm ready. What do you think?" said Veda.

Karna smiled and nodded.
"I'm happy that you shared everything with me. I promise that I will never force you to be my wife. Until you are comfortable let's be only friends. Happy?"

She broadly smiled and nodded saying "Yes".

Karna was happy to see her smiling face. He missed it so much.

He cleared his throat and started, "Since you were honest with me I will also be honest with you.
The Swayamvar. It wasn't my intention to participate in it. But Duryodhan wanted me to clear the mission for him. But they clearly said the person who wins the competition will only win the bride. So he asked me to win for myself.
I was about to shoot the arrow when the Princess said she will not marry a sut.
I was angry. Very angry. I was about to burst out. But then... *he looked into her eyes* I remembered, someone told me not to get hurt when people discriminate me on the basis of my caste." Veda proudly smiled.
"I stood in front of her, joined my hands and said if she doesn't want to marry me then I won't participate in the competition. Afterall, it's her Swayamvar. But she is going to be a Queen someday, and distinguishing people on the basis of their caste will not do her any good."
Veda was proud of him.
" But.... "

" Duryodhan didn't like it right? " said Veda.
(Obviously, duryodhan wouldn't like it, though he had his reasons for shaking hands with Karna, he has always respected him as a friend and a King)

He looked at her and nodded.

She hugged his hand and said," It's ok it wasn't your fault anyway.
Are you angry on her? "asked Veda innocently.

Looking at her face, his anger, his sadness vanished.
" Not anymore " he smiled at her.

" Karna if we get married we will go to Ang right? "

" Yes my Queen. "

Keeping her head in his shoulder she said sadly," I'm going to miss this place."
He looked at her. She was peacefully resting on his shoulder. Slowly he said,
"Me too".

"Moreover, tomorrow we will be having a big day. The Pandavas will be back home".

Both fell in comfortable silent.

Karna dropped her home and went back to the palace.

She told her parents about her decision and her parents were on cloud eleven.

It was such a happy day for them. Their one and only daughter will be getting married soon.

Their dinner time went well and soon they went to sleep.

"I don't know what will happen tomorrow" said Veda to herself before she slept.