18

Days passed by easily.
Things are Ok between her and Karna.
She again started her secret spy job.
Whenever Karna wasn't there in the Kingdom she used to stay on high alert. Sometimes she used to join Karna in wars but he never noticed.
Karna also had a feeling that something was protecting him. Well, he was right. Once she even took an arrow for him. Its not like she doesn't trust his abilities but she was overprotective towards him.
She took less time to heal that's how she managed at the palace.
Even Vrushali noticed her absence. Whenever Karna goes to war, Veda stayed inside her room and didn't let anyone come in.
Vrushali thought she was painting or making some random stuffs.
After few days, Karna came back with his another wife Supriya.
She was happily welcomed in the family.
The story is known.
Duryodhana kidnapping Bhanumati and she demanded his friend, Karna to be married with her friend, Supriya.

Karna never says no to Duryodhan. That's an open secret.

This thing made Veda worry more. She wished she could change the time.
Not only that even Arjun went to Vanvas for entering into Draupadi's room without permission.
But this 14 years are crucial for him as per her grandmother's stories it was in these 14 years that he acquired many powerful weapons which further helped him in winning wars during Rajasuyagna and even in Kurukshetra.
But...
It's too long for her to wait.
It was bothering her a lot. What if she grows old even before she accomplished her tasks.

It was high time for her to decide that.
This time, she made a decision on her own and this is going to be her final decision.

It was almost dark when she asked Karna to take her out just like before.

Karna happily agreed to it.
They walked to a small place far from the Palace but close to nature.

They were talking about random things like how they met, how they used to sneak out of the palace at the evenings etc. And they were laughing at themselves.
They had a great time together.

They were looking at the stars and enjoying the view.

Just then Veda thought of telling her decision to him. She was a bit nervous about it but she made her mind. That's it.

"Karna" she said.

He looked at her and said "Yes".

"Actually I wanted to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Remember you promised me my freedom before our marriage"

Karna didn't get her.

"What happened Veda? Do you have any problem here? You can tell me about it right?"

She lowered head took a deep breath and looked back at him.

"There is a place that I want to visit."

Karna sighed and said, "You almost scared me." "Where do you want to go? Tell me I'll take you there."

"No I am going there alone"

"Alone?" he looked at her worriedly. "OK but atleast tell me where you want to go? I can arrange the vehicle for you."

"No Karna. I can't tell you where I'm going and I can't go there in a vehicle."

"What are you talking about?"

She took his hands and hers and said, "Please don't ask me any more questions. Just trust me. I might come back late but I promise that I will definitely come back for you." She said calmly.

Karna was very upset. But he can't go back on his word.

Karna sighed and nodded.

"Is there anything else I have to know?"