Part II - Cosmetics Goddess: 35. Blood

Dashing through the streets, Cui Xi ran until she heard her heart in her ears. Huffing and gasping, she screeched to a halt in front of her shop just as the Prince made to dismount from his horse.

"Mistress!" Xiao Hei cried in alarm when he saw her, jumping down to support her body as she held the stitch in her side and coughed, unable to catch her breath.

"Zhao Ling Xian!" she gasped out.

He jerked toward the sound of her voice and looked down at her in amazement, but the face that he turned towards her was already pale and twisted with pain. He swayed unsteadily, his boot slipping in the stirrup as he tried to swing his leg over.

"A'Xian!" she shouted, darting forward with both arms out.

THUMP!

"Aaagh!"

"Your Highness!" Murong Yan, rushed over.

"Mistress!"

Cui Xi stared up at the sky in a daze, crushed by dead weight. The Seventh Prince had fallen right on top of her, but thankfully she'd been there in time to prevent his head from hitting the ground. His eyes blinked, but she wasn't sure if he was seeing anything.

Gods...why did you have to be so huge...she winced,gasping for breath.

Murong Yan and Xiao Hei hauled him off her and half dragged, half carried him, as she stumbled up to the second level calling urgently for Xiao Yu.

"I'm here! Oh! Su Rou, quickly get hot water and cloths. What happened?" she asked, eyeing the prince.

"The Prince was gored by a stag, but didn't say anything," said Murong Yan grimly.

"Eh? General Murong! What are you doing here?" Xiao Yu exclaimed.

"Murong Yan take him into my room. Now!" Cui Xi snapped.

"XiXi," the Seventh Prince rasped. "Did you call me by my name again?"

"Never mind!" she said angrily. "How could you not say anything when you were bleeding like that! Don't you value your own life?" she shouted at him, as she helped Xiao Yu carefully strip his robe off.

Naked to the waist, he chuckled very quietly and then winced.

"Are you worried about me?" he asked.

"Don't talk. If you weren't hurt, I'd slap you!" she gritted. How could he still act in such an infuriating manner at a time like this. You idiot! Why didn't you say anything to me?

She was so angry she felt like crying. She had not properly thanked him for pushing her out of the way when the stag had charged, and now he was lying here injured because of her. I don't want to feel guilty! I don't want to owe you anything! Why? Why? she shrieked inside.