14

Jessa comes back to the private room and finds not just Angelo and Jacey, but the unnamed king as well waiting for her. And surprisingly Frosnak as well.

"Ah, hello Frosnak. Did you get sent here by my grandfather to reprimand me?"

Frosnak chuckles, "No, although he will be very pleased to find out that the kings of the green, red and black dragons are no more. I have to say, Jessa, you have truly done your people proud. I hear that you didn't even break a sweat this time."

"It was rather refreshing, helped me workout some of my extra energy. So if you aren't here to give me a lecture, then just why are you here?" Jessa asks as she moves to Dhiren's side. He hands her a glass of wine.

Jessa takes it but looks a question to him. "A gift from Frosnak. Try it."

Jessa does and is very pleased. "Very nice, thank you Frosnak."

"Any thing for our princess." Frosnak says as she also makes her way to the table to sit down.

"Princess, but you aren't elven?" The human king is beyond confused, even though Angelo and Jacey look at Frosnak in awe. They all knew that she was an ancient gold dragon, one of high lineage.

Frosnak looks at the king and chuckles, "Nope, I'm not. But Jessa is indeed my princess. It seems that you aren't fully introduced. Jessa?"

"I have no idea what his name is. He came here claiming to be a messenger from the king. I was never given a name."

Frosnak looks at the king with narrowed eyes. No gold dragon likes being lied to.

"Technically he didn't lie to me, Frosnak. He does bear a message from the king. The fact that he himself is the king doesn't make the statement any less true." Dhiren interjects trying to head off problems.

Frosnak merely humphs before turning her penetrating gaze to the other two human appearing people. "Ah, Angelo it has been some time since I've seen you. Who is this lovely lady at your side?"

"Lady Frosnak, may I present my daughter, Jacey. Jacey, this is Lady Frosnak of Kyron and Castlerock primarily but she has counting houses throughout the south."

"It is an honor, My Lady."

"My goodness she has grown up since I last saw her. So how did you find our crown princess?"

"She found us, rather, she found my daughter when she landed on her evading an assassins arrow. Her human guard pushed her out of her saddle and she landed on Jacey. She was most kind to talk to us and make sure that Jacey was unharmed before allowing her to leave."

"Nice, then what happened? You wouldn't be here otherwise." Frosnak cuts through his bullshit.

"She brought me here to talk to them and then we had a rather interesting talk with your god and ours. Many of my people should be arriving in Silva shortly."

"Oh, yes, Dhiren, your parents were very thrilled when they received that message. They sent a message to Alaric and he was very happy to be pulled from Castlerock to attend to them. I would stay away from Alaric for a bit if I were you."

Dhiren shrugs, "I have no intentions of returning to Silva in the near future. We still have to make it to Lexin." Dhiren makes a face at this.

The still unnamed man looks at each person with astonishment growing with each statement. Finally Dhiren's makes it so that he actually talks. "Why would you want to go to that human hating place? They will never allow Princess Jessa in."

Those present in the room chuckle at his words. Dhiren no less than the others. "I would like to see them try to keep her out. Actually, I'm rather looking forward to it."