28

Seth has a hard time believing things even once Jethro comes to him. He listens and he implements what Jessa and Dhiren suggest he do to prepare for the upcoming war but he doesn't truly believe that he needs to do so.

That stays with him until he watches as Jessa and Dhiren along with their guard spar with his men. As he watches them, and his men watch them, he changes his mind about the ability for one person to succeed like the rumors suggested. He also swallows heavily as he sees the fire in their eyes as they fight so hard.

A voice comes to him, one that he doesn't recognize. "They are incredible are they not? It makes one wonder, if they didn't love each other then just how nasty it would be." The female voice would normally be enough to make him look to see the stranger next to him.

"Yes, it does rather." He says softly and he notices that his men are staring in shock. He has no doubt that they will do even better after watching the two strangers fight.

It isn't until Jessa has her sword at Dhiren's throat and drawing blood that the two stop fighting. "You still have it, love." Dhiren says smiling. The same move that she won against him so many years ago was the very one that she used once more.

Jessa smirks and helps him stand up. "I hope that it's still there. We'll need all the help that we can get in order to win this war."

They come over to the king as the others start sparring once more, this time listening to Kallen's words. The improvements are immediately apparent in their fighting techniques.

"Jessa, Dhiren, King Seth, let me introduce you to Queen Risa." The sudden appearance of Alaric startles them all and then it's Alaric's turn to be startled when he finds a knife to his throat. "I've warned you about this before Alaric. You know better than startling me like that."

By now all eyes are on Jessa and Alaric.

"Excuse me, who are you?" Seth asks the man that Jessa holds her knife to.

"King Seth, this is my grandfather Alaric." Jessa says simply.

Seth blinks rapidly with a blank face at Jessa's words.

"Grandfather, Jessa, I didn't know that you had a grandfather with your retinue." Seth says more than a little confused. He took the time to memorize the faces and if possible the names of those accompanying the princess.

"Seth, may I present my grandfather Alaric. Alaric this is king Seth. However, I have no idea who Queen Risa is." Jessa says but still doesn't take the knife away from Alaric's throat.

"Queen Risa, she is the Queen of the Brass dragons. She has come to talk to you and King Seth about the upcoming war."

"It is nice to meet the one that is the object of all the rumors floating around. I hadn't put much stock in any of them. It seems that I need to rethink my thoughts on that. As well as my thoughts about having my subjects join in this war.

"Tell me, Princess, did you indeed kill the kings?" Risa looks intently at the gold dragon princess as she demands answers.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. The blue years ago at the battle that started so many rumors and then just a couple of weeks ago for the others. The war is real, the fight will happen, the question, Risa, is will you and your dragons fight with us or on your own?''

Risa looks long and hard at the gold dragon princess that has so many rumors about her. "It truly is that dangerous?"

Jessa laughs bitterly, "I'm going personally to talk to the stupid ass sun elves to get them ready before the war begins. They will be wiped out if they don't listen to me, to us. The question, Risa, is will you and your kin as well or will you fight with us and give them a chance of survival as well?"