31

Ellen shows up with nearly twenty of her people. Jessa was caught off guard by how many dragons the queen brought with her, but is pleased that she will be able to see how they fight. Ellen herself is nearly in awe as she watches the sparring of the guards, especially the human ones. Not that there were many of them, but the one in Jessa's personal guard. She's never seen a human fight so well before.

"Welcome Queen Ellen." Jessa says with a smile. "I'm shocked you brought so many of your people. I thought you might bring five to ten at most."

"Things are building up just beyond the Lexin borders. It will be better to have more of my people already in place than call for them if there is need. But I am very interested in seeing how my dragons will do against your people." Ellen says even while watching the sparring matches.

"Then by all means let's have then join the fun. I think we should start with having them go against the elven royal guard both mine and Dhiren's. What do you say?"

Ellen smirks pleased that they will be starting off against the elves. Although the moon elves aren't nearly as arrogant as the sun elves it will still be nice to take out some of their aggression against them.

She wouldn't have been so pleased had she heard Jessa's orders to them. "I want you to go full out against the silver dragons. They are dragons and can take more powerful hits. It will be good practice for when we start fighting the war. I want to see honest effort on taking them down. Just remember to not give any killing blows." The elves are more than happy with those orders.

"What about me, Jessa?" Jasper asks.

"Oh, especially you. I will request Ellen have her best fighter go against you. Then when she's good and upset I'll have her spar against myself or Dhiren. Whichever she would prefer. I think this day is going to be lots of fun."

The elves and Jasper snicker at her words and just hope that this will help Jessa with her temper. They don't want to kill the sun elves once they get to them, just teach them a lesson. Hopefully one that won't be too late coming. They had all heard the silver queen's words about the activity level of the enemy.

Jessa watches her people closely as they start sparring with the silver dragons. She is pleased by how well the silver dragons perform. She had been afraid that they wouldn't be up to a decent fighting form like the others she's come up against. She shudders to think about the bronze dragons. Just the thought of them makes her pray that they are doing better.

Queen Ellen is also pleased at how well her dragons are holding up. She is less pleased that they aren't doing better against the elves. She had thought that the elves would be easy to take down.

"I must say Ellen that I'm more than a little impressed with your dragons. They are by far and away the best fighters we've come across yet. I'm including all the dragons and elves in that statement." Just then Jasper manages to take down Ellen's best fighter.

"I don't understand?" Ellen says shocked.

"Ahh, you shouldn't be upset over any of their performances. They have exceeded all expectations by all those here. Except Jethro." Jessa tells the upset queen but she is no longer looking at the sparring she's looking off to the side.

"Jethro? The human god of war and healing?" Ellen says more than a little confused.

"Yes, and one of the most pain in the ass people you can meet." Jessa says more than a little waspishly.

"Wow, Jessa. I was told that you have gotten short tempered, but I had no idea it had gotten that bad. Good morning to you too." Jethro says more than a little snidely. Then he turns to the silver queen and speaks more appropriately. "Don't mind her, she just needs a good old fashioned fight.