16

Jessa is dressed and eating a sweet roll as she waits impatiently for the others to join her at the caravan. "Jessa, is it really necessary to leave this early?" Dhiren grumbles to her eating his own sweet roll.

"If you have a problem with it, talk to my father. He's the one that taught me to rise early and get things done early. Left me more time to practice." Jessa says distractedly. She moves off to deal with something that she sees that needs to be fixed. As she leaves Kallen comes up to the prince.

"Lovely day, isn't it, prince?" Kallen says jovially as he takes in a deep breath of air. "Okay, I won't be doing that again. I thought the bazaar was smelly."

Dhiren hides his smile. "Why did you teach Jessa that early starts were better?" Dhiren complains to his general.

"Because you get more done that way."

"Not when you've been up all night." Dhiren mumbles under his breath.

Kallen smirks. "You knew that we would be leaving early this morning, you should have been sleeping, not whatever you were doing."

"Yeah, that was the plan, but the music of Lady Zira was especially loud to us last night."

"Ah, well, I would stay out of Jessa's way this morning, unless there's a fight. She's not very good with little sleep. If she gets a nice little fight in she'll be fine."

"Jessa, watcha out!" Sorsha yells.

Jessa immediately drops to the ground. Finding a man with a knife that would have stabbed her had she not dropped like she had she smiles broadly. She immediately engages the man in fighting. The others, stop what they are doing and watch Jessa as she toys with the human before her.

"Looks like you are in luck, prince. After this she should be in a much better mood." Kallen tells him as they watch Jessa. Finally she gets tired of playing with the fool. She ends the fight swiping her knife across the would be killers throat.

Once he drops Jessa steps away from him and chivvies the others into getting back to work. By the time the city guards come the caravan is on its way out of the city. Jessa hadn't seen but Jasper had gone through the assassin's clothing looking for any information that he can find as well as whatever money and or weapons the man has on him.

"What are you doing Jasper?" Jessa comes back to find him riffling through the dead man's clothing.

"Looking for information, weapons and money of course." Jasper tells her not looking up from what he's doing. He hands her a paper he found, Jessa stops him from touching a ring on the man's finger.

"It's enchanted. I'll need to look at it first." Jessa says and carefully takes the ring from the man. She shakes her head and smirks. "It was a ring of protection and luck. I think he had bad luck, but then he shouldn't have come against me. That's two from the guild is it not?"

Jasper silently hands her two more items he found on the man. "Ah, the dagger is rather nice. Not enchanted though. Well, what is this? Nice, you want this?" Jessa asks handing the coin bag to her guard.

"Jessa, it's yours, you killed him, it should belong to you." Jasper shakes his head.

"If you don't want it, I'll give it to Sorsha and for her kids." Jessa says shrugging her shoulders.

Jessa looks at Jasper, "I'll be keeping the dagger. Do you want the ring? If not I'll be giving it to Dhiren. He has others, so I'm not sure that he'd wear it."

"I think it should go to Dhiren. After you, they will be targeting him. He will be unprotected when dressed in normal clothes and not his armor."

"He's never unprotected, just like I'm not." Jessa disagrees. The ring is less than the protection they naturally have as dragons, even in human and elven forms.

"I would rather Dhiren have it over myself. Should he not want it, then I will accept it." Jasper is still very thankful to Dhiren for not only not killing him but also for training him with elven trainers. If he hadn't done that he doesn't know where he'd be other than dead.

"Very well, now it's time to go. The guard finally showed up, guess I'll have to catch up. Tell Dhiren to lead the caravan on out. Stay with Moonglow, we'll easily catch up."

Jasper nods and takes off to give Dhiren the message. Dhiren isn't happy about leaving Jessa with just Jasper so he also leaves a couple of the other guards for her.

Shortly after that the caravan starts moving out. The city guard are there before the caravan is fully gone.

"What do you know about this death?" The guard demands rather rudely.

"I know that he was trying to kill me with this and so I killed him with my knife."

"Do you have any one that will back you up on that?" Another guard demands, but not as rudely.

"Yes, my caravan guards, you can easily catch up to them if you find it absolutely necessary. I have been impatiently waiting for the chance to leave and now that I can I am being held back because this idiot tried to kill me. What more do I need to do?"

The guards are more than a little upset with how she's talking to them and start to arrest her. "You didn't even ask me my name, that was rather rude. I'll make sure that Roderick hears about this."

The guards snicker thinking that she is just tossing names out to get out of being arrested. "Princess, is there a problem?" Jasper comes up with Moonglow.

"No, these guards are just being over zealous in their duties."

"Princess?" One of the guards demands of Jasper.

"Yes, she is Princess Jessa Silverblade of the Moon elves. She was attacked by that man and defended herself. That is the second attack against her since we came to this city, not to mention the attack of the councilors against her. King Roderick was pretty impressed when she took out three of the four of them and the last one left with his tail tucked between his legs." Jasper went to say more but Jessa shakes her head.

"Her?" The guards sneer not thinking that a small girl like her would be able to take on four of the deadliest and most powerful fighters in the city.

"Yes, her. This is the same Jessa that took on the battle between Kyron and Castlerock."

The guards look at her and pale. They let her go.

"He was an assassin. Please return his body to their guild. Tell them that the others won't be sent back to them, but I'm getting bored with them." Jessa tells them gently rubbing her wrists where the restraints had been.

The guards assure her that they will. Jessa doesn't bother with them she mounts Moonglow and canters out of the city to catch up to her caravan. Jasper jogs to keep up with her. The two guards watch as she leaves their city. Then they bend down and pick up the dead man. They are secretly pleased that Jessa has taken down two of the assassins and hope that she doesn't die by them in the future.