Wedding bells

//The dress above is Darling's dress inspo for this chapter :)//

The makeshift church surrounding Darling was not at all what she expected to be chucked into when she was forced from her hotel room in the middle of the night, neither was the wedding gown that she was forced to wear by the threats to murder Morgan if she didn't get out of bed.

It was 3 in the morning when Darling heard the door unlock as she lay next to Morgan, wide awake and full of a nervous energy that she was fighting all night along with the urge to wiggle closer or even face him.

She assumed at first it was another hotel room's door opening, until the gun was placed on her temple and a voice whispered close to her ear.

"If you react, we'll kill him and make you watch my dear."

The Canadian voice threw Darling off, as did the recognition of the 'sweet' older woman from the front counter and the unrecognition of the two men behind her who, based on their similar stockier appearance, Darling assumed were the woman's sons.

Like usual, Darling's brain ran at a thousand miles per hour trying to think of the outcome to every reaction she would have- none of the ones that made sense being able to get through the thought of Morgan getting hurt which was made even stronger when she looked over her shoulder and saw him sleeping soundly facing her.

Goddamn you gorgeous deep sleeper wake up!

After a few moments of silence the whisper started again in her ear from the woman, "get out of bed and grab your suitcase, don't make me shoot his pretty face."

You leave his pretty face out of this, Darling wanted to mumble, slowly turning to face the woman who seemed to be scanning Darling up and down before she shifted to get off the bed.

"That's a good girl" the woman whispered like a twisted mother, the men behind her snickering and whispering as they watched Darling walk over to the suitcase in just Morgan's t-shirt and her underwear.

"This one is easier to get than we thought."

"I know, she's not even putting up a fight- the others all did."

"Shut up boys, you don't want to wake him up and have to deal with his blood- it'll ruin my wallpaper" the woman whisper-barked at them before gesturing for Darling to leave with the suitcase that was now on the other side of the church where the two men had dumped her and demanded she get changed when they left before coming back and tying up her hands and feet.

Their mother came back a while later and sat her down in front of the old wooden vanity mirror, ignoring all of Darling's questions and pleas to let her go as she confusingly brushed and styled her hair before doing her makeup in an old-school Hollywood style.

The dress, however, was what confused her the most since it did not look like what she expected at all when she overheard the brother's conversation about her having to 'make it to the end of the night in the woods.'

The dress was a long, slightly off-white silk evening gown that draped down her body in a deep v halter neck style.

There was a thin band of fabric around her waist that complimented the low back and deep v that she feared would reveal all with one wrong move- just like the long leg slit down the right side of the skirt of the dress that bellowed out past her feet, of which were made to wear pear coloured high heels.

"Please, please just at least tell me why you're doing this" Darling begged out of frustration as the woman added a confusingly familiar red lip to finish off her dewy makeup and hair that was curled with buoyant waves and pinned into an up-do with the framing pieces pulled out.