Anger

4 weeks, 4 blissful weeks Darling got to spend off of work waiting for her elbow to heel.

She thought it would be boring, she thought she would go stir crazy sitting in her house for that long on her own- especially when Addie had to go to her father's house as a part of the court order saying he would get to co-parent her with Darling looking after her most of the time until he got his life together- of which he had been trying to prove to Darling he had been but she wouldn't give him or his emails about how he had cut their father out of his life the time of day.

Instead of moping around her apartment, she spent those weeks laughing and smiling more than she had ever done before- with Morgan by her side.

Two weeks into Darling's 4 week mandatory doctor ordered leave, Morgan got hurt on a case- a pretty bad concussion that needed two weeks off work in a quiet, dark place.

So naturally he chose to spend that time with Darling in her bright apartment laughing all day and night...

Just the two of them, not having to pretend to 'just be friends' or be overly cautious and less friendly than when they were just friends at work without Hotch getting suspicious of them, of which it seemed he had lately.

The temporary cast on her elbow made it difficult to fully enjoy their time together, but that certainly didn't stop them...

"I think that this is the best idea you've ever had" Morgan chuckled as Darling led half on his shoulder and half on the pillow with the speckles of morning sun dancing through the blinds with the cold air.

"Ice-cream for breakfast should be a permanent thing, not just when we're both injured" she nodded, taking a spoonful of ice-cream- not noticing Morgan's gaze on her the entire time; watching how the sun danced on her skin, how her hair fell against her collarbones, how her tongue met the spoon first before her lips joined it.

"Can I taste some of your ice-cream?" Morgan nudged Darling's non-casted arm, gaze locked on her lips as she took a bite and then looked up at him.

"Yeah of course, it's so good, I told you that you should have gotten the same flavour-" she went to bring the spoon up to him but he pushed it to the side, cupping her face and bringing her lips to his instead.

"No, not like that" he brushed his lips against hers with a low gravely tone, "like this."

"That was... smooth" Darling laughed her blush away, not leaning much further than a centimetre away from his lips, "especially for sleepy morning Derek."

Morgan gave a low chuckle, eyes having a hard time staying away from her lips and the sweet taste as he slightly bit his and went to lean back- but Darling followed him.

"Are you sure you had enough ice-cream?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you offering me another taste?" He teased, pausing in his movement and feeling her hand brushing on his thigh under the covers as she leaned forward towards him, a whisper in her voice.

"I'm offering you whatever you want."

"I don't think your elbow can quite take whatever I want" he teased but found himself pulling her onto him with one arm, Darling enjoying the feeling against her thigh of his enjoyment of her being in that position even through their pyjamas, letting her hand lower down his body towards that pressure against her thigh.

"You're playing a dangerous game here Darl" he chuckled.

"The more the doctor wouldn't approve of the 'activities' you're thinking of- the more I want to do them" she leaned closer to him before said 'activities' took over and all caution was thrown to the wind- most certainly not doctor approved for their recovery.