Familiar luck

//Above is a visual of Darling's dress in the flashback of this chapter :) hope you enjoy!!//

"I've been looking for you" a familiar voice made Morgan turn from the punch table where he was sipping poorly made juice that had most certainly had a kick to it.

"You decided not to ditch me" he smiled at Darling, almost losing his breath from her outfit as she walked over.

The dark emerald green long sleeved dress with a long slit up the leg and deep V going to the tapered waist fit her beautifully, flaring out the silk fabric at the waist like some kind of Greek goddess shape, accented by gold jewellery and buttons on the cuffs that matched her gold pointy toe heels.

She flicked her long voluminously curled hair behind her shoulder as she smiled at him, popping a chip in her mouth from the food table, making a grossed-out face at it.

"How stale are these things?"

"You have arrived like an hour late" Morgan chuckled, unsure why his gaze was fighting the urge to dance down her body and drink in how she looked in that dress, unsure why he was almost gobsmacked by it too.

"You'd think the school that got so much funding would be able to afford better snacks" Darling chuckled, leaning on the table Morgan was slightly sat on, "can you see my underwear line in this dress by the way?"

"What?" Morgan looked down at her with confusion, "are you asking me to look at your ass?"

"Don't be weird, just look" Darling turned around.

"Uh... yeah, you kinda can I guess, I don't know" he cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Oh shoot... okay cover me" Darling nodded, putting down her plate of snacks and nudging him in front of her.

"What are you doing?" 

"Fixing my fashion disaster" she moved back from behind him, placing the black underwear in her clutch bag as Morgan's eyes widened at her.

"Did you just take off your underwear?" He asked in a shocked whisper.

"I sure did" she smiled up at him, confused at the anticipation expression on his face that he quickly tried to cover up with a re-clearing of his throat.

Darling just shrugged at his sudden weirdness and stood next to him looking out at the crowd again, "so how's it being back?"

"You're just trying to see if I found out any gossip, aren't you?" He cleared his voice to push past the urge to look back down at where her underwear lines lay before.

"Of course" she laughed at his eyebrow raise down at her before tilting her head at the fact his gaze dropped slightly down her face, "what is it? Do I have lipstick on my teeth or something? Shit- I hate when that happens-"

"What? No, no, no-" Morgan shook his head and stood up almost awkwardly, confused as to why his gaze had fallen to his best friend's lips, "I just, uh-"

"Is that Derek Morgan?" A voice interrupted.

"Oh thank god" Morgan muttered under his breath, grateful he wouldn't have to make up an excuse or even think about the fluttering in his stomach, turning instead to the group of guys from his old high school football team.

"Hey Brad" Morgan smiled, being pulled into a 'bro style' hug that was most certainly awkward looking from the shorter, stout man.

"It's been too long man" another man hugged Morgan before glancing at Darling and doing a double take.

"Well hello there."

Darling tilted her head at his tone, "hiya Duncan."

"How'd you know my name?" He quizzed with confusion and Darling raised her eyebrow at him.