𝔟𝔬𝔫𝔲𝔰 : the past

bonus side chapter with important events in Aleksandra's past from years 1100-1560

FIRST AWAKENING

Aleksandra had just woken up for the first time in 100 years. the coven had kept her body safe and unharmed during the time she was asleep. but she didn't know how long she had slept. to her it was as if she had only blinked. one second she was in the middle of her village tied to ropes, and the next she was in a large hut.

she was confused, so many new faces, but none were her family. the new witches had surrounded the girl and she felt overwhelmed. she stood up and backed away to give herself some space from the unfamiliar faces.

"where am I?" she asked, "where is my family?"

the witches looked at each other. the poor girl had no idea what had happened to her. one of them approached her, "what is the last thing you remember?"

she thought for a moment, the memories coming back with every other word she spoke, "I, uh, I-I was with one of my brothers and my sister. our father tried to make us drink blood, and I was the only one who couldn't... and then there was my mother and the other village witches. they, uh, were chanting a spell I had never heard before and I grew weak... my mother, she told me that I would survive..." she perked up, "where is my mother?"

the eldest one frowned, "I'm sorry, dear. your mother is dead"

Aleksandra gasped and tears welled up in her vision, "no, no, no, she can't be. she's alive! my family is out there!"

another one of the elders spoke, "you've been asleep for a hundred years, your mother is not here anymore"

Aleksandra collapsed to the floor and cried. the elder kneeled in front of her and Aleksandra forcefully grabbed her arm, siphoning the magic from her. her hand glowed red and the elder gasped in pain. as the magic was siphoned into her body, a giant storm came over the town. the wind was powerful and the rain fell rapidly. the witches in the cottage realized it was the young girl and tried to stop her.

"get away from me!" Aleksandra screamed, pushing her hands out to powerfully force all of the witches out of the room made specifically for her. the storm grew more powerful and started to tear apart homes and other buildings.

Aleksandra sobbed, realizing that her family was gone. and it was all because of them. the witches. the ones who hated her for her unique power.

she then stood up, a spine chilling glare on her features, and she slowly trudged out into the village. the witches and towns people tried to detain her, but she was more powerful than them all combined. she felt so much sadness and anger. the coven had cursed her because she was different from them, forced her to live without her family. she wanted revenge.

lightning struck a home, causing it to erupt into flames. villagers scattered and screamed, trying to take out the fire. Aleksandra took this as an opportunity. she held her hands out in front of her and quickly approached the home.