𝔁𝓿. the helper

chapter fifteen

chapter fifteen

-

FRANCE 1557

Aleksandra had been free for about 60 years. Niklaus and Elijah were hunting Katerina, her  'sister' and the doppelganger who could help Niklaus reverse his hybrid curse that locked his werewolf side. while the young heretic was free, she kept her powerful title as a Lady of a powerful family in Nottingham, England. the Mikaelson family grew rich and powerful over her time away, so why not relish in that?

Alek compelled herself a way to stay at the French court for some time during her independent travels around Europe. the castle greeted her with warm welcomes and respect. ladies of her age befriended her, and lords swooned over her beauty.

but one man caught her attention. this man was wickedly handsome, one of the most handsome men she had ever seen. he had dark brown hair and the most captivating hazel eyes. his stare made any woman grow weak in the knees. everywhere she went, he was there. the Queen, Catherine, showed her around the castle and everywhere they went that man would be there. she didn't mind though, a handsome man following her was the least of her worries.

the night of her arrival, Aleksandra went to the celebration the people of the castle talked about all day. there was a giant bonfire in the back garden, and lords, ladies, and servants were laughing and dancing. some of the ladies her age came up to her and invited her to join in on the fun, and of course she complied. 

she danced and danced until she could barely stand on her feet. at that point she sat on a bench placed some feet away from the party. the very man she had seen all day was suddenly next to her.

"are you here to explain why you have been following me all day?" she asked with a smirk, looking over at him.

he chuckled. that laugh was music to her ears, and it made Aleksandra gain butterflies and her stomach to do flips, "I didn't mean to seem frightening. it's just that it's not everyday that a woman of your beauty comes to court," Aleksandra blushed at his compliment, "what is your name, love?"

Aleksandra held out her hand, "Lady Aleksandra of Nottingham. and what might yours be, mysterious man with a gorgeous smile?"

he takes her hand and smiles wide, gently kissing her knuckles, "I am Lord Lucien of Marseilles, and it is a pleasure to meet you"

"Marseilles... you've come a long way through France, My Lord"

Lucien smiles, "so have you, darling. England is much further"

she shrugged, "what can I say. I like to travel"

"and you've been alone this whole time? that's dangerous, darling. there are many creatures of the night that feed on pretty little things like you," he grinned and bit his lip, glancing down at her neck. he wondered if she tasted as sweet as she looked.