𝔁𝔁𝓲𝓿. the last time

chapter twenty- four

Alex finally gained the courage to enter the Salvatore home. she was greeted with Bon Jovi playing on the surround sound and Stefan nodding his head to the music while his ghost best friend Lexi danced.

"starting the party without me?" Alex grins fondly.

Stefan looked towards the entrance with his drunken gaze, but immediately sobers up when he sees who's standing at the door.

"I knew it," Stefan sped in front of Alex and kissed her passionately. it was a short kiss, but the love was there all the same. he pulled away and held onto her waist and turned to Lexi, "there's nothing that can kill my girl"

Lexi and Alex locked eyes where an immediate understanding occurred. Lexi knew that she was a ghost too, but neither would tell Stefan. not yet.

"it's good to finally meet the famous Alex Pierce. I've heard lots about you over the years," Lexi said while walking towards them.

Alex let out a small laugh, "I know for a fact that not all of it is good"

Lexi shrugged, "yeah, he did hate you for a long time," she nudged Stefan's side, "but he hasn't shut up about you since I came back"

Stefan put his arm around Lexi's shoulder, "I have an idea...why don't we drink some more and hangout. you two can bond and I can spend some time with my two favorite people in the world"

Lexi sends a look to Alex before talking to Stefan, "why don't you and Alex spend some time together first and I'll meet up with you guys after your graduation"

Alex tilts her head to Lexi, "Lexi you deserve to be here. It's what Stefan wants and when he's happy I'm happy"

both girls held gaze, neither backing down. Lexi wanted Stefan to be with Alex before she left too. she's been able to see him before, but this is Alex's first goodbye.

and Alex wanted to make Stefan happy until she had to leave. she knew how much Lexi means to Stefan and she wanted him to have fun today.

"is there something going on?" Stefan asks when he noticed that the two girls were glaring at each other.

Alex pats her boyfriends chest, "just girl things, you wouldn't understand"

Stefan nods and perks up again, "i'm going to get some more liquor and blood...you two become besties"

as soon as he left down the stairs for the cellar, Lexi stood close enough to Alex to whisper to her.

"are you going to tell him?"

Alex hesitates to answer, because she's not even sure herself how she would tell Stefan that she's dead and not coming back.

Lexi continues, "he needs to know today, and not right before we get sent back, as soon as he comes back up here you need to tell him"