𝔁𝓿𝓲. the longing

chapter sixteen

chapter sixteen

-

Alex had spent the morning doing her daily routine to get ready for the Winter Wonderland charity event. she got dressed in a baby blue, long sleeve, floor length dress. across the collar and the waist line was a row of silver beads that added a little bling to the outfit. to top it off she added a silver and black headband and kept her wavy hair down.

she grabbed her purse and began to walk out of the room when she heard some shuffling downstairs. no one was supposed to be home, so she picked up one of the display daggers hanging on the wall and cautiously walked down the stairs.

she turns the corner and sees Stefan in a room hanging up the phone and closing a trunk belonging to Klaus. Alex vamp speeds towards him and pushe him against the wall, the dagger to his neck.

"what are you doing here, Stefan? looking for something?" she raises a brow, waiting for an answer. Stefan's eyes widen and he grunts as the dagger cuts into his neck.

"n-no, not looking for anything. Klaus asked me to pick you up and take you to the event at town square," he smiles convincingly. Klaus told him that he compelled Alex to forget the past two weeks.

Alex nods, believing the vampire, and backs away that that he could heal and breathe again.

Stefan takes a deep breath and coughs, "you've gotten strong. a lot stronger"

this makes her smirk, "I've gotten better at a lot of things since 1864," she then grabs his wrist and walks towards the front door, "now lets hurry up, I'm supposed to be helping Carol with the event"

the two walk throug the town square arm in arm. Stefan looks for Caroline and Klaus while Alex looks for Carol. Alex notices his determination and squeezes his arm, making him look at her instead.

"so... what have I missed lately? anything juicy and exciting?" she asked.

Stefan sighed with frown, "well, Elena and I broke up because she has feelings for Damon. but it turns out she's just sired to him, so Damon let go of her last night"

"really?!" she asked a little too excittedly. she clears her throat in realization and frowns, "I'm sorry, Stefan... but the sire bond didn't make her catch feelings for him. the sire bond formed because she had feelings for him as a human. now that doesn't happen everytime, just with certain vampires and if the feelings are strong enough..."

Alex notices the look on Stefan's face and realized that none of that actually helped him, just made him even more upset, and she hated to see him upset.

she stops them from walking and turns to face him, holding onto his hand, "look, I know how heartbreak feels. it sucks when the person you love also loves someone else... but the only way for you to heal is for you to let her go"