𝓿𝓲𝓲𝓲. the sacrifice

chapter eight

chapter eight

-

Alex had left the ball after her dance with Stefan, she couldn't be there anymore after their talk. she felt an unbearable amount of guilt for what she did to him. back then she didn't know that she couldn't be killed, that only a certain weapon could end her life. she didn't know that he and Damon died a couple nights later, that they turned into vampires. that he waited for her while she ran away, believing that he lived a full human life. she didn't know until it was too late to go back.

she had also missed the toast near the end of the ball, meaning that she wasn't linked to her other siblings. Ester didn't realize this until she did the linking spell, the blood completely missing her youngest daughters name in total.

"why isn't it working for her?" Ester muttered to herself. the spell completed and the paper set on fire, "no!" she yelled.

she turned to her eldest, Finn, "find Aleksandra. we need to have a chat"

Alex was at the bar, once again drinking her sorrows, when Finn showed up. he sat beside her and stole her newly filled glass, drinking the contents.

she narrowed her eyes at him, "well that was rude"

"aren't you a little young to be drinking, Aleksandra?" he asks, his stone cold gaze never changing, even towards the sister he would do anything for.

"aren't you a little old to be mother's pet?" she fired back. she noticed her brothers discomfort at her words and placed a hand on his arm, her face falling to a frown, "you're a grown man, Finneus. you shouldn't let mother control you again"

Finn ignored her comment, "she wishes to speak with you"

Alex laughed, "why? so she can put me under another sleeping spell?"

Alex then asks the bar tender for a refill, and when she isn't looking, Finn shoots a vervain and lobelia syringe into her neck, causing her to fall unconscious. without another word he takes her out of the Mystic Grill and back to their home, taking her straight to Ester's spelled room so they could talk privately.

"what are you going to do with her?" Finn asks his mother, worried for his youngest sibling. Finn always cared about Aleksandra more than the others, especially after Henrik's death, even after 1,000 years that hasn't changed.

Ester looks down at her sleeping daughter and smiles, moving a piece a hair off of her face, "your sister is the only person strong enough to stop us, and we cannot let that happen"

she grabs some candles and a dagger, the same one she used on her daughter a thousand years ago. and the one she would use once again to put her daughter to sleep.

"you're going to do the spell again," Finn breathes, he couldn't bare to imagine how that was like for her. being daggered for 900 years was lonely and empty; but being asleep, dreaming, and having to walk the earth alone seemed like torture.