𝓲𝓿. the truth

chapter four

chapter four

11th century Mystic Falls

"come on, our brothers are fighting again" Rebekah says, running off, and the twins following close behind. two of their brothers, Niklaus and Elijah, were sword fighting.

"oh, look, our sister's have arrived to watch my fast-approaching victory" Elijah said and Niklaus pointed his sword at his brother.

Niklaus smirks, "on the contrary, Elijah," he tries to hit is brother but he blocks it and they continue to fight. minutes later Niklaus cuts his brothers belt off and their siblings laugh, but their father gets angry.

Ester puts a hand on her husbands shoulder, "relax, Mikael. Niklaus means well"

"that is precisely my problem" he says walking up to his children. their faces fall has he takes Elijah's sword.

"so. why don't you teach me that trick, young warrior?" he asks and tried to  hit Niklaus but he blocks it.

Niklaus backs away from his father, frightened, "father, we were just having fun"

"we fight for our survival, and you find time for fun? i wanna have fun! teach me! come on" Mikael was now yelling and a crowd started to form.

"father it was nothing"

Mikael attacks Niklaus and knocks his sword out of his hands. he trips Niklaus and he falls to the floor and Mikael points his sword right near Niklaus' neck. Aleksandra holds her breath.

"you are foolish and impulsive, my boy. what, no more laughter?" the tip of the sword touches Niklaus' neck and his shakes in fear.

Ester steps up, "you've made your point, Mikael"

Mikael draws the sword into the dirt right beside Niklaus' head, "some days, it's a miracle you're still alive... boy"

Alex trembles at the memory of her father. Klaus made sure that most of them were taken away in 1488 when he forced her to live with the Petrova's. but after her transition, they still come back once a certain person or event is brought up like her father. ever since Rebekah told her that Elena was wanting to wake up Mikael, she had been having memories of him flood back.

"Alek, were you even listening to me?" Rebekah asked.

Alex shook her head and sighed, "I apologize, Bex. I was just remembering something" Rebekah nodded, knowing what she meant, and turned on the radio. the door soon opened revealing Elena.