𝓿. the original father

chapter five

chapter five

-

it was the day of homecoming and Alex was with Tyler at the grill playing pool just like they have for the past couple weeks. Alex was more happy than she should've been when she found out that Tyler and Caroline broke up. maybe Caroline was right after all, Alex did want Tyler to herself. she came back to Mystic Falls for Stefan and Damon, but she had truthfully been too scared to confront them. especially Stefan. and Tyler took her mind off of it all.

"is this our thing now? us coming here to play pool, go to your house, make out a little, then go back to reality and pretend like nothing happened just so Caroline won't think there's something between us?" Alex asked, walking up to the boy and he just shrugged, "come on, Tyler, you two broke up. you're aloud to be with other people. stop letting her hold you back from doing what you want to do"

Tyler he smiled at her words and grabbed her face with both of his hands. he stared at her for a moment before speaking, "Alex Pierce... or Mikaelson... whatever you want your last name to be, will you go to homecoming with me?"

Alex was shocked at his sudden words and was ready to say no because she wanted to tease him, but her voice spoke for her, "yes" Alex smiles, "and Mikaelson is my actual last name, so use that one" Tyler grins and kisses her. it was short and simple, but Alex liked it.

"well, well, well. what do we have here?" they broke away from the kiss and turn to see where the voice came from.

"Klaus?" Tyler asked shocked that his sire was back.

"hello Tyler. hmm, i thought you were with Caroline? what happened with that?" Klaus asked walking over to the two.

"we broke up" he muttered knowing Klaus could still hear him. the original was glad to hear about the breakup, he fancied Caroline for a while.

Klaus teasingly tilted his head and raised an eyebrow, "so you decided to get with my baby sister? is she your rebound?"

"no! of course not. I really do like Alex"

Alex looked at her brother as he started to say something but she cut him off, "no Nik. you will not do what you do with Rebekah, you know damn well i'm not like her. I don't love as blindly as she and you will not ruin and control my life like you do her's" she says, standing up her herself.

Klaus nods, "very well then. why don't you run along and get ready for the dance. Tyler and I do have some other things to talk about" Alex looks between the boys and nods before walking out and to the Salvatore house to get ready.

homecoming ended up being cancelled. apparently the gym at the high school got flooded, so Tyler decided to throw a party at his house, thought it was actually Klaus' idea - the sire bond caused Tyler to throw the party.  Alex walked into the Lockwood Mansion to see people scattered everywhere. chatting, drinking, and dancing.