𝔁𝓲𝓲. the departed

chapter tweleve

chapter tweleve

-

before Alex left the Gilbert house she over heard the conversation downstairs. Caroline was kiddnaped by Alaric at the highschool and Elena had gone to save her, and they needed a witch in order to stop Alaric. they needed to use the desiccation spell Bonnie's mother Abby had used on Mikael, but what they didn't realize is that it used dark magic.

"Ester created a vampire that can't be killed. I want to desiccate him like you did to Mikael," Bonnie said to her mother from the Salvatore's livng room. Alex stood outside the door waiting to make her entrance.

"Bonnie, it's too dangerous. your magic comes from the earth. it's pure. this spell asks you to tap into dark places, places of temptation, places you can't handle"

now was her queue. Alex walked into the home with a smirk, "guess you'll need someome with a bit of darkness in her, then"

Damon stood up, ready to protect his old best friend, "no! no way! you're not getting involved!"

Alex chuckled, "you and Klaus both see me as a little girl... but that's not me. I know every spell in existence, and I have done them all at least once. Bonnie is strong, but she doesn't know this kind of magic. black magic is flowing through my veins right now. I am the perfect witch for the job"

Abby recognized the girl. it had been years, but she knew that face anywhere. the face of a Mikaelson, Mikael's youngest child, and the girl who helped her put her father down. she stepped towards Alex with a look of surprise, "you... you helped me do the spell on Mikael"

Alex smirked, "correct, which means I also know the sacrifice we'll have to make to find a balance"

"what are you talking about?" Bonnie asks.

"call it a... heart to heart situation," the youngest Mikaelson smirked. the young bennet witch then realized what she meant.

"what? what does that mean? Bonnie, Alex, I don't speak witch," Damon presseres them.

"we have to stop a human heart"

++++++++

Alex joined Bonnie and Jeremy in the woods. Bonnie mixed hers and the heretics blood and gave it to Stefan, Damon, and Klaus so that when they were able to hold onto Alaric's heart, they could start the spell. Alex walked ahead of the other two to show them exactly where it needed to happen. a spell that strong needed to happen in a space of lots of power, so why not the spot where Alex's mother used dark magic to send her daughter into an immortal 100 year slumber.

they reached the spot and Alex placed her hand on the ground, immediately being able to siphon the energy, "this is where we need to do it,"

Jeremy lays on the ground, while Bonnie and Alex kneel on each side of him him. Alex feels that Klaus has made contact with Alaric's heart, "they made contact. It's happening"