2.4

Everyone was seated in the Great Hall. Dumbledore was going to choose the champions.

"Sit down please", Dumbledore said. I stood by my father and Professor Mcgonagall with the rest of the staff. "Now, the moment you've all been waiting for. The champion selection".

The lights dimmed. The only light was from the Goblet of Fire which was placed at the center of the room. The flames turned red. A piece of paper spews out of the flame. Dumbledore grabbed it.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum".

The students from Drumstrang cheered. Krum stands from his seat and shook Dumbledore's hand.

Krum walked towards me and the staff. He went passed us, into a room where the other two champions will join him.

Another name came out of the goblet of fire.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour", Dumbledore announced.

The students from Beauxbatons cheered. Fleur stood up and walked towards Dumbledore. He shook her hand. Then, she walked towards me and the staff to join Krum. The last name came out of the Goblet.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory".

I couldn't help, but cheer. Dad and Professor Mcgonagall elbowed me which silenced me.

All the houses for Hogwarts cheered. Cedric walked towards Dumbledore and shook his hand. He walked towards me and the staff.

I hugged Cedric. "You're going to do great", I said. I let go to let him join Fleur and Viktor.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the Triwizard Cup".

The Triwizard Cup was shown next to me and the staff. I looked towards the Goblet of Fire. My smile faded.

The flames turned red and another name spits out of the cup.

A fourth competitor? There's only supposed to be three.

Dumbledore said someone's name, but I couldn't hear until he said it more clearly.

"Harry Potter", Dumbledore said.

I shook my head. There's no way. He's too young. They won't let him compete. They can't. He's just a boy.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore shouted. I never heard him sound so angry.

Harry stands up. I saw Hermione ushering him to walk. Finally, Harry walked towards Dumbledore.

Dumbledore gave him the piece of paper, but he did not shake Harry's hand.

Harry walked towards me and the staff.

"He's a cheat!" Someone shouted.

"He's not even 17 yet!" Someone else shouted.

Harry joined the other champions. I followed him into the room. Harry looked at me after the door closed.

"Haylie. I didn't put my name in that cup", Harry said.

"I believe you", I said. "But they can't let you compete. They just can't".

"I don't want to compete", Harry says.

"I don't want you to compete either. There's a reason the game is for people of 17", I said. "I'll see what the staff says. Stay in here".

I walked out of the room to see the Professors arguing. The last of the students was just leaving when I walked in.

The Professors looked at me when I entered the Great Hall.

"Did you speak to him?" Dumbledore asked.

"I did. He says he didn't do it and I believe him", I said.

"Of course. Maybe you were the one who helped him", Karkaroff said, walking towards me. He pointed his disgusting finger at me.

"You wanna blame someone? Blame someone else. I had nothing to do with this", I said. I smacked Karkaroff's finger out of my face.

"Why, you-" Karkaroff started, reaching his hands toward me as if he were going to strangle me.

Father stepped between me and Karkaroff. He pushes Karkaroff away.

"I don't believe Haylie was responsible. If you want to blame her, however, without any evidence, perhaps it was you who helped Potter", Father said.

"Why would I help him?" Karkaroff asked.

"It makes sense", I said. Everyone looked at me. I tried to think of what to say, but I couldn't find anything.

"It does?" Dumbledore asked.

"Okay, I don't have any evidence, but it's a good guess", I said. I glanced at my father to see him shaking his head in disappointment.

"The boy is obviously lying", Madame Maxime said.

"He can't be. He couldn't have gotten past the aging line", I said. "It can't be done by a 4th year".

"I've got my eyes on you", Karkaroff said, pointing accusingly at me.

"And we've got our eyes on you", Father said, still standing up for me.

"Yeah, boy!" I shouted.

Everyone looked at me. I looked at the ground. "Did I screw up?" I asked.

"Don't talk", Dad said. I nodded in understanding.

Dumbledore pushed past us. The Professors followed him, arguing. Before I could join him, Dad grabbed my wrist.

"Go to your room. This is between me and the staff", Father said.

"Dad, don't let him compete. He's too young", I said.

"Haylie, get to your room, now", Dad said. He let go of my hand. We walked our separate ways.

They can't let him compete. They just can't.