4.5

There was destruction everywhere. And Death. I saw my father and sister laying dead on the floor. I was screaming at them, begging them to wake up.

"Haylie! Haylie!"

I opened my eyes. I found myself back at Grimmaulds Place.

"You're alright. It's just a nightmare", Sirius said. I wrapped my arms around him.

"That was scary", I said.

"You sounded frightened. Haylie, if the wedding is making you feel stressed-"

"It's not the wedding. I want to focus on the wedding, but with everything that going on, with everything going on in the Daily Prophet, it makes me worried. I lay restless at night. I don't know how to get rid of all my worries", I said.

"Why don't I take you somewhere? Is there anything you always wanted to see or some place you always wanted to be or something you always wanted to do?"

"Well, there's one thing", I said. "There's a creature which I always found fascinating. I want to meet one and I hear Hagrid has one".

"That could be dangerous", Sirius said. He already knew what I was talking about, I guess.

"Please. I'll feel better if I meet one", I said.

--

Sirius and I got ready for the day. We arrived at Hogwarts, but Sirius had to travel as his Animagus, Padfoot.
When we arrived at Hagrid's hut, I knocked on Hagrid's door.

I heard Hagrid's dog, Fang, barking. The door opened. "Haylie. Padfoot. What are you doing here?" Hagrid asked.

"I was wondering if we could see him", I said.

"Oh, I don't know", Hagrid said.

"Please. I've always found them interesting and I think he may cheer me up", I said.

--

When we were far into the forest, Sirius presumed in his human form. The farther we walked, the more nervous I got. Now that I was closer to seeing one, I was getting nervous.

"I can't believe I'm actually going to meet one", I whispered to Sirius. "How does my hair look? Am I pale?"

"Haylie, you're treating this as if it's some sort of date", Sirius said.

"I'm just nervous. I wanted this moment to happen since I was 7. Or was I 8? No, no. I was 7", I said.

"Here he is", Hagrid said.

In front of us was a giant. He laid on the ground, sleeping peacefully.

"He's beautiful", I said, very mesmerized. "I brought him something. Muggles call it a rubber duck".

I pulled a rubber duck out of my pocket. I pointed my wand at it. "Engorgio", I said. The giant woke up when the rubber duck grew bigger. I took a step back.

"Haylie, Sirius, this is Grawp. Grawp, this is Haylie and Sirius", Hagrid introduced us to Grawp.

I smiled and waved. I looked at Hagrid. "How long has he been in the woods?" I asked.

"Since I came back from my mission. Madame Maxime and I-"

"Hayles!"

Sirius grabbed me and pulled me backwards. I hadn't noticed Grawp reach his hand out towards me.

I accidentally tripped on a log behind me. Sirius tried to catch me, but ended up falling as well.

We both fell to the ground. I landed on top of him. We almost kissed. If we did, I wouldn't have a problem though.

"Sorry", I said.

"It's fine", Sirius said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah", I said.

I was suddenly lifted off of Sirius. They weren't Hagrid's hands. "This is getting scary now", I said as I was lifted into the air.

"Grawp! What did I say? You do not grab people", Hagrid said.

"He's kind of cute", I said. "Sirius, can we adopt him?"

"No, Haylie. We are not adopting him. We haven't even had that conversation yet. And if we did, where do you think he's going to sleep?" Sirius asked.

"Uh...our house", I said as if that were obvious.

"Grawpy, put her down!" Hagrid shouted.

Grawpy didn't let me go. "Please let me go, Grawp. You're...you're sort of  crushing my spine", I said. He slowly set me on the ground. "That's it. That's it".

"He is gonna be needin a home though. He can't stay here forever", Hagrid said.

"I think I know a place", I said.

"Haylie, we are not adopting him", Sirius said.

"I mean, It's a great idea, but that's not what I was thinking", I said. "There's a cave not to far from here. It has water, there are berries on the trees. It will be perfect. I can show you".

I walked ahead of everyone. Hagrid, Grawp and Sirius followed me.

"So who else has seen him?" Sirius asked.

"Ron, Hermione and Harry", Hagrid said.

"Harry met him?" I asked.

"Yeah. He was lookin after him after Umbridge sacked me", Hagrid said.

"Umbitch", I corrected. "There's the cave". I ran up the hill. Halfway up the hill, I tripped. I let out a high pitched squeal as I fell.

"Are you alright, Haylie?" Sirius asked.

"I'm fine", I said. I got up and kept running. I went into the cave.

"Well she's very excited", Hagrid said.

"She's very childish. She's even more childish when she's excited", Sirius said.

Well, I'm 21. Of course I'm childish. I'll still be freaking childish when I'm Dumbledore's age.

"She reminds me of you when you were a student", Hagrid said.

"She has many things in common with my younger self, but we're not all the same. She spoke about hiding a body in attics. Sometimes I'm concerned for her", Sirius said.

The others followed behind me. "What do you think Grawpy?"

"Be...Beauty", Grawp said.

"He knows English?" Sirius asked.

"Not much. He do know a few works or so", Hagrid said.

"You like it here?" I asked. Grawpy nodded. "There's water, You'll have berries and fish and there's plenty leafs you can use as a bed".

"Hayles", Grawpy said, trying to pronounce my name.

I mean, he sort of got it right.

"Yeah. Hayles. And that's Padfoot", I said, pointing at Sirius.

"Pads", Grawp said.

"Good job", Sirius said.

"Hagrid, can we adopt your brother?"

"Haylie, no!" Sirius shouted.