6.5

As me and Harry approached the Great Hall, I no longer needed support.

"I'm proud of you. You've been so brave. Not many people can be brave in your situation", I said.

"You've been brave too", Harry said.

"Me? I didn't know my place in the prophecy for most of the war", I said. "But we're all here for each other. Always".

Harry nodded. "Yeah", he said. "Always".

Me and Harry walked into the Great Hall. Everyone was in the Great hall talking about their victory or comforting those who lost someone.

"Haylie!" Tonks shouted. She ran towards me and wrapped her arms around me. "You're okay". I never heard Tonks sound more relieved.

Sirius and Remus walked towards us. The three of them hugged me tightly.

"I love you guys too, but I can't breathe", I said. They let go of me. "We did it".

Sirius nodded. I saw Narcissa sitting with her family. She stands up and hugs me.

"Thank you for your help", I said.

"We weren't going to leave you", Narcissa said.

"Would now be a good time to say that I might of had a plan", Lila said.

"That got you killed", I stated.

"That got the in-laws to help. 'Thank you, Lila'", Lila said. I rolled my eyes. "Well, I got Narcissa and Draco to help. To my surprise, they got Lucius and Trixie to help".

"Exactly. Don't take all the credit", Draco said.

"As it turns out, Draco and I make a great team", Lila said. She and Draco looked at each other and smiled.

Professor Mcgonagall walked towards us. "Haylie. Someone would like to speak to you", Mcgonagall said.

--

I wasn't expecting Professor Mcgonagall to lead me to Professor Dumbledore's office. She left me alone in the room.

A part of me was hoping that Dad somehow survived Voldemort. As smart as my father was, a part of me knew that that was impossible.

"You know, to celebrate an event, I'd drink a large cup of Brandy".

I turned around. On the wall, a portrait of Dumbledore smiled at me.

"I could go for a Firewhiskey", I said.

"I'm proud of you, Haylie", Dumbledore said.

"You let me hate my mother. I deserved to know the truth", I said.

"You were supposed to live a life without Voldemort. Your parents and I wanted you to be safe and happy. I'm sorry if I failed you".

"My whole life, I thought Dad and Lila were my own family. But I was wrong. I had the Order. I had you. You didn't fail me, Professor", I said. "But I can't let go of the fact that you lied to me".

Dumbledore nodded. "I understand", he said. "If you ever want to talk to me, well, you know where to go".

I nodded. And I walked out of Dumbledore's office.

6 months later...

6 months after the battle of Hogwarts, Tonks and I were getting ready for the celebration party at the Burrow.