Chapter 17

Time skip.

I was currently sitting on a crate as all the ships docked back on the island I could feel an ominous presence coming off ours I saw ivy with a scowl on her face as she came over to me grabbed my shirt and hugged me I was confused til I heard.

Ivy: I'm glad your ok.

She then let go and looked me dead in the eyes.

Ivy: *pissed* if you ever do that again a raging volcano will be the least of your worries.

I gulped now noticing king/ Harley and neo with us as well as Romain said.

Romain: hey they said we can stay at the inn for free come on.

I rolled my eyes as we all followed him in to it we was showed to our rooms but we all stayed in mine afterwards because they wanted to ask me something I was looking out the window watching everyone rejoice about not watching their homes burn down as I heard.

Bege: you know kid I wouldn't be surprised if your not afraid of anything.

I then said without looking back at him.

Kage: . . . No there are things that scare me.

Bege: *interested* oh.

Kage: monsters scare me.

Before anyone could say or do anything I said.

Kage: not monsters like Grimm there are many types of monsters in this world monsters who will not show themselves and cause trouble monsters who abduct children monsters who devour dreams monsters who suck blood.

I wait for a moment til I continued.

Kage: and monsters who always tell lies lying monsters are a real nuisance they are much more cunning then other monsters they pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart they eat even through they never been hungry they study even though they have no interest in academics they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love they only know how to hurt others with their words giving you hope when there is none.

I waited a moment.

Kage: for example it will only hurt a small bit or this is the last time I swear maybe this one you won't feel a thing.

I let the words sink in as I then said.

Kage: that is the kind of monster my 'father' was the kind of monster I fear I may become one day that is my greatest fear the one thing.

Before I let them say anything else I said.

Kage: or it used to be.

Harley: *kinda worried* but what's your greatest fear?

Kage: (losing you ivy/king/neo and Romain) don't worry about it because that won't ever happen not as long as I draw breath.

Romain:*knowing how it feels* (your afraid of losing them I have been through that as well.)

Just then there was a knock at our door I saw king go over and answer it as I then heard.

???: uh sorry to bother you I was told that the one who saved or village was in this room I am the village leader i would like to thank him personally and reward him.

I could feel king look in my direction I nodded as I took my hood off and turned around I saw an old man around 60 years old come in king pointed at me as the man wobbled over with his cane and said.

Village leader: my my the young sure are getting stronger each year.

Kage: well I'm not sure about that I'm probably just a exception.