EMERGENCY

Hi everyone! I think most of you can already predict what I'm going to write about here. As most of you know the world has been acting a little crazy right now. I've been thinking about writing this message for a few days now, but somehow never really got the words to express my thoughts and how I feel about this situation right now.

Dear Ukraine and fellow Ukrainian readers,

You are all so unbelievably strong and fierce. I bow down to every single one of you going through this tragedy with your heads standing high and defending your country and your home even if your lives depend on it. Let it be known that the whole world sees you right now, and has the upmost respect for you, and for how you are handling this situation. It takes really high standards of ethics and morals to try to recover the bodies of the people who were shooting at you, and creating a whole website to let their families know that they have passed; to allow war prisoners to still be able to contact their families, whilst fully knowing that the same thing wouldn't happen if you happened to switch sides. It takes a lot of courage to choose to stay and to fight, let it be by DYIng a Cocktail Molotov at home, or manifesting on the streets, or trying to stop a whole military tank with your own body. My upmost respect for those who still try to help the people who are trying to kill you, whether as an act of kindness or knowing that those people who shoot at you probably don't know why they are doing it, but are solely doing it because they were told to. Or not. Whatever reason it is, it takes a brave soul to do what I've seen on the news being done. I've never seen a country so full of people filled with fierce, determination, and most importantly, love for their homeland. Either young or old, I've seen all types of people gathering together to try to stop this atrocity that has been forced onto you. I'd also like to give the major props to president Volodymyr Zelenksy for standing up for his people, for not abandoning them and accepting political asile, for standing in the middle of a warfield fully knowing that he is the target number 1 and that should be kept safe at all times. It takes a lot of courage to do something like that and still be able to deliver messages of hope and unity to his people, to discuss and negotiate with representatives of other countries, and to call out the lack of attention that the UE has given to this situation. As my father said while watching Zelensky on the news "This man has balls. That's absolutely insane."

And then I'd also like to apologize.

I'm so terribly sorry.

My heart breaks every time I turn on the news, and the frustration grows bigger and bigger each time I read the headlines or see Putin's emotionless face as he acts as if a war wasn't happening due to his actions.

No reason, absolutely no reason, will EVER justify a war.

Absolutely nothing in this world could ever justify the lives that have been lost, and are being lost as I type right now. It's no secret that Vladimir Putin is at fault for what's happening, and I solemnly condemn him for his actions. Because let it be known, that it isn't just the brave people of Ukraine who are suffering right now, I just know that Russian people are suffering too. Repercussions of a monster that continuously lies to the world and to his own people. Because of him, the whole world is turning their backs against Russia, and completely isolating the country from the outside. An action that will most likely take YEARS, to be undone.

I cannot tell you how many times I've felt the knot on my throat, the uneasiness, and the tears burning my eyes as I see men, old and young leaving their families behind, mothers and fathers losing their child, children becoming parentless, elderly people being aggressively handled. Hospitals, schools, buildings, all being shot, crashed and burned, while the rest of the world watches from afar. It's simply not fair.

It's completely inhumane.

And I'm so sorry if you are going through this yet still reading this.