37: Jason✔️

"When I'm around slow dancing in the dark

Don't follow me, you'll end up in my arms

You have made up your mind

I don't need no more signs"

Joji in 'SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK'

I hate Aramazd Kamkin, I really do.

My motives are many but at the end of the day it all comes down to two things, the day that my mom fell ill and the power that he holds. He's shady, I've seen him pulling up a few cards and tricks out of his sleeve.

But in this precise moment I couldn't help but agree with him for once. "You are a fool Jason Silva." and fucking hell he couldn't have been more right. Once again, I put my loved ones in danger due to my selfish and juvenile attitudes.

Werewolves and vampires have always had a certain despise for each other, even though we didn't really show it, it was there. I had just turned 16 at the time, my sister Madison was 4. The Kamkins barged in the castle throwing insults and threats while making accusations regarding our involvement on the disappearance of Rodrick, I didn't know who Rodrick was at the time, but I now know that the missing entity was none other than the God responsible for vampires. The outbreak was quickly controlled through a deep and peaceful conversation between both parties, so we simply shrugged it off and moved on with our lives, we had hoped that logic would have made its way through those thick half dead skulls, how could we werewolves, earthly beings, have enough strength to overpower a God? However, that wasn't the case. Not even 7 months later the Kamkins striked again, this time taking my mom and Madison as hostages. It had been a total of 8 hours that the vampires had them in their domain, 8 hours of pure agony, they didn't harm Madison but I can't say the same thing about my mother, she had been bitten and had 3 hours to get the cure that would expel the toxins out of her body. More than 5 hours of tracking and following leads to try to find both females, and 3 hours of my father, King Tobias, trying to contact me through mind-link, cellphone and every other possible mean of communication only to come back always empty handed. Why? Because I was way too busy doing this girl from a different pack that was visiting the capital, for hours. I had turned off my mind-link not wanting to be disturbed during my hormonal rampage. My family needed me, and I turned my back to them because of my own needs, if my mind-link had been open, I could have gone faster to meet my father and act as the much needed backup team at the time and my mom would have gotten the cure in time instead of being driven to this almost crazed state that she is now. A bloody fight went down that day, many were injured, but everyone knows that if I had been there on time, things would have turned out completely different. And now, years later, Madison still hasn't been able to forgive me for my negligence, I try to redeem myself everyday for my actions, I've accepted my mistakes and unacceptable behavior and grovel for a piece of mercy from my sister, who is 6 years old now, not even old enough to know how to read fluently but mature enough to learn how to control her demons and overwhelming experiences due to the mental scars that marked her that day and still haunt her as we speak. She isn't easy to deal with and she has the deepest trust issues that I've ever seen, and all because of me. She doesn't make friendships easily and certain actions and words can trigger her to start crying, making all of us very protective of her. Me being the most due to the guilt that eats me inside every single day.

And now this story repeats itself, the plot is just different.

Melinda was right, I was hurt and I wanted something, someone to feel my pain too, hurt people hurt people and that's exactly what I did. However this short feeling of revenge didn't last long as it completely backfired as soon as I looked at my mate bleeding and convulsing in my enemy's arms surrounded my friends, who I had pushed away so that I could go through this stupid plan.

I didn't think, I just ran. I ran towards Castiel, ignoring my pack members that were still in pain due to my forced Alpha command, and ripped her off Aramazd arms.

I picked her up all to easily, taking a short glimpse at the vampire's face to see his reaction towards me as I took my mate, his friend, who I've hurt before and was hurting now, out of his embrace.

I was shocked to say at least. Aramazd was pale and sweating profusely as he stared in horror at the passed out girl in my arms, I had never seen a Kamkin looking like this, at any other time I would have made fun of him and feed my ego with his expression. However the shivering sensation that rushed through me as my skin warmed Castiel's had me staring back at my mate, covered in blood from non-existent visible wounds, the blood just kept flowing and staining the floor, but that wasn't what freaked me out the most. The symbols forming on her forehead were.

Moon phases.

White moon shaped marks started glowing in the middle of her forehead as the temperature in the room grew hotter by the minute and blood curling screams started resonating through the whole building as the floor started shaking, the walls cracking with dust flying all over.

I didn't blink. I didn't think. This was a sign of the gods above, this was the Moon Goddess's doing, a warning due to my attitudes towards the blessed and precious gift that She had given me, my mate.

I just ran outside with Castiel in my arms, and slid down against a locker wall still holding onto her. I pushed her hair to the side and sank my teeth deep into the side of her neck, where her shoulder and neck met. Tears blurred my vision as I retracted my fangs from her flesh. I had dreamed of marking her many times, but never like this, not out of need and desperation or in the brink of death. I could taste her blood in my mouth as I stroked her cheek lovingly.

"I'm sorry." I whispered holding her head with my hands as I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "I'm so sorry." I kept whispering over and over, with her still unresponsive and unconscious body pressed against mine. I pressed my nose against the top of her head tears rolling down without a ping of shame as I placed more kisses on her head, getting lost in her fading scent and silky hair, now caked with blood. "Open your eyes Castiel please." I didn't care that half of the school was falling to pieces, the screaming and the chaos that surrounded us had become background music, a terrifying and unsettling symphony, but not my priority nonetheless. All that it mattered in that moment was the corpse of my mate that was growing weaker and weaker by each passing second as I felt her sinking deeper against me, I held on to her tighter and heard her heart beating slower and slower. "Please don't leave me, Castiel please you promised, baby please don't."

Her bleeding suddenly stopped.

Golden crusts took the place of the red metallic fluid in which I was covered in too by now. I didn't care nor question the why had her blood turned to gold, all I saw was an opening, a silver lining, she would wake up, she had to wake up.

The moon shapes disappeared making me inch my breath as relief and anxiety both filled me in.

My stomach churned with anticipation to see what her body would do next. Her mark was already healed and I didn't know how to feel about it. It's supposed to take days to heal, she did it in a matter of seconds. But I didn't storm over it long, I just kept watching her mesmerized by every little detail that I never had the opportunity to see this close. I knew that whatever the hell she was hiding wouldn't matter, I just wanted her, all of her. I want to cherish her scars, her secrets, her heart, her body, just her. My heart halted in realization, I'm falling deeply in love with Castiel.

My heart stopped.

But also did hers.

Sometimes you don't know what you love until it's gone.

A/N: My exams went well! Thank you so much for those who wished me luck! I'm sorry I didn't thank you earlier but it's said to be a bad omen to thank back when someone wishes luck here in my town. I usually don't believe that type of thing but I was so nervous about it that I didn't want to take a chance of ruining it for saying 'thank you' heheh *embarrassed noises* .

01:10 AM

- UNEDITED -

i'll be editing some older chapters so if you get a notification don't get frightened (:

Much love!

J-