33: Jason ✔️

"'Cause I'm heartless
And I'm back to my ways 'cause I'm heartless
All this money and this fame got me heartless
Low life for life 'cause I'm heartless"

- The Weeknd in Heartless

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I asked in shock, my eyes still wide as I took the scene in front of me.

Axel jumped at the sound of my voice, making the objects drop to the floor with a loud thud, cackling and spreading through the vast grey concrete.

"Jason?" He turned around before closing the book.

"You have three seconds to start explaining or I'm calling the guards." I threatened him calmly, once again not wanting to gather attention from others. Basil was howling inside me with conflicted emotions; he still hasn't forgotten that the werewolf in front of us was hiding something with our mate, but he also recognized Axel and his wolf as his best friend, his brother, his most trusted wolf.

"I swear I can explain all of this, but you have to promise me to not tell anyone." He replied with a sober and dark expression which made immediately straighten up my posture to show that my wolf was still the Alpha whose members could still trust. In response I nodded back at him with an equally somber complexion.

"Tom is the new Wind Element, my little brother is still too young and vulnerable to carry such an heavy duty and responsibility. The attack on the night of your Coronation made me realize that. One of the most guarded and safe event was easily attacked by a demon which made me wonder how of an easy target Tommy is. I talked with Castiel about this since she knows my brother and she has been helping me dealing with all of this craziness. She even lent me a spells book to make me feel safer and also through meditation, that's what you just saw." He finished explaining with a long sigh. "I didn't want you to think that I was being paranoid and weak and therefore unfit for my title as your Beta." His last words made my heart ache a bit. He was my best friend, he should never feel unworthy of our friendship, no matter how low he was feeling. And I would have comforted him, if it wasn't for the incredibly strong gut feeling that kept telling me that he was lying to me. My Alpha instincts were strong enough to know when something wasn't right, and now as an Alpha King, even though my new powers were still fresh, I knew when my people lied to me. And that's exactly what he's spilling, lies. His emotions feel sincere, and his story made sense, it would explain why he was meeting Castiel behind my back and why they seemed so close. However, there were loopholes. First of all Axel was always the most reluctant to trust Castiel, he would never run to her with such a sensitive matter. And how did Castiel have such a rare book? He was hiding something to me, something related to my soulmate.

I faked a smile at him before pushing against the nearest wall, eyes swirling with anger and frustration. So much secrecy, so many lies and so much danger, I've had enough of this. I have a Kingdom now, millions of lives are depending on me and I don't have time for liars and traitors, no matter how close we were.

"That was cute, not gonna lie, you almost got me. But now I want to hear the truth!" My teeth were clenching as I put my face closer to his, looking at him in the eyes, daring him to try to pull my leg like that again.

"I-"

"THE TRUTH NOW AXEL!"

He showed his neck in submission, eyes facing the ground as his body obeyed my Alpha command. I kept waiting for him to answer me but all I got in return was pure and utter silence. How is it possible for him to not accept my order?

"How?" I whispered shocked looking at him expecting any sort of reply.

"Alpha all I am allowed to say is that you are meant to stay away from Miss Morningstar." He finally said still facing the ground.