23: Jason ✔️

Me and Castiel turned around to see who the source of the voice was, but the stiff posture of my mate told me that she had a clue of who it was. I came face to face with Elder Clarence. He is a highly and powerful werewolf with demon abilities, some people say that it was Satan himself who gave him such privileges with a deal, a dangerous deal. Who is idiotic enough to make a deal with The Devil? Apparently Clarence was; however nothing bad has happened to him, not yet at least.

I was so caught up in thinking about his life choices that I didn't notice the staring contest that him and Castiel were holding. I was confused and was about to open my mouth to intervene until his words settled in my brain. 'Miss Morningstar.' He had said. 

"Morningstar?" I asked interrupting their interaction. 

"It's my dad last name." She replied. 

"Then how come your last name is Jones?" I asked shocked at this new information.

 "Security matters. I was born with Morningstar as my last name but since I moved out to here I changed it." She confessed. I looked at her eve more shocked. What else is she hiding? 

She gave me meaningful look, imploring with her eyes to not ask more stuff. I nodded at her discretely. 

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Clarence stated, but his eyes said otherwise. I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Tell your Father that I'll visit him soon." He said to my mate with a dark smirk. 

"He's probably already aware of your intentions to visit him don't worry." She replied with a smirk of her own making his smug expression fall. 

"Congratulations on your title my King." He said while turning to me, trying to shrug off what Castiel had said to him. 

"Thank you Elder Clarence, I see that you already know my mate, your future Queen." I replied to him while protectively putting my arm around Castiel's waist, my beast rumbled satisfied. He forced smile. 

"I won't bother you any further, so I'll be on my way." He said before bowing respectfully. I nodded at him before turning around and keep walking, questions about the encounter running in my head. That was until I felt a warm hand full of tingles on my arm. 

"Are you okay?" Castiel asked concerned. I sighed before nodding. 

"Yeah, I just feel like...I don't know, like you are hiding something from me." I confessed. Her eyes widened before clouding over with sadness and guilt. 

"Trust me if I could, I would tell you everything. You will have to trust me." She said softly while looking at me directly in the eyes.
I smiled lightly at her. "Come on, don't think about this anymore. Tonight is your night and I don't wanna ruin it with these kind of things." She said with a smile. I smiled back at her. 

"Yeah you are right." She slowly and hesitantly leaned up and gave me a soft kiss on my cheek.
I stood there paralyzed with tingles and happiness from my mate's intimate touch. My smile turned into a full shit-eating grin while looking down at her flushed cheeks and bright eyes.
I softly touched her cheek before caressing it lovingly, slowly leaning down to kiss her until a voice interrupted us.

"Jason, mom and dad said it was time." Madison said while smiling mischievously at us.
Perfect timing Madison. I stepped away from Castiel with a groan before I grabbed her hand and followed Madison towards the stage, people coming and leaving with small talks, greetings and looks. I was getting a little bit agitated and my wolf wouldn't stop pacing around inside my mind as we came closer to the place where I'd receive my crown, my power and my title. My mate must have felt something was wrong because she suddenly stopped walking making me stop as well, she turned her face to me and smiled softly and getting a strand of hair out of my face and pushed it behind my left ear, letting her hand resting against my cheek.

"I'll be right here for you." She whispered. I'd never had imagined that such simple little words would have such a big impact on me, her eyes looking straight into mine assuring me that her words were truthful, her touch calming down my breathing and erratic heart, and her sweet voice telling me how much she cared for me, her mate, her other half. And it was in that moment that I knew that I'd never let her go, in that moment I knew I would do anything to protect her, to make her happy. It's actually scary the things that I would for her without thinking twice.

My heart swelled and I decided to remove her hand that was on my cheek and hold it in front of my lips, lovingly kissing each of her fingers before I grabbed her chin, never once breaking the eye contact leaning closer and closer until our lips were almost touching and I watched how she fluttered her eyes close. Copying her movements I closed my eyes too before ever so gently brushing my lips against hers.