30: Castiel ✔️

"Told me pick my battles and be picking 'em wise

But I wanna pick 'em all and I don't want to decide

No more, no more, anymore."

- Halsey in 'killing boys'

Letting Jason believe that I've been playing with his heart the whole time was one of the most difficult and heartbreaking things that I've ever done in my entire life. Adding the fact that I knew that he was still there hiding behind the column while I hugged his best friend, his most trusted friend, minutes after I ordered him to go didn't make anything easier, but it had to be done. I spared Axel on the night of the coronation and asked him to come visit me so that I could explain him what went down, who I was and my role in the whole situation, in exchange he had to promise me to keep quiet and avoid raising suspicions of our meetings throughout the week. At first his reaction was what I had expected of him, fear. But as the conversation developed he soon found himself overcoming that fear and looking at me with the upmost respect, so much respect that he obligated himself to bow to me every time we met, despite my efforts and begging for him to stop, he didn't seem to want to listen, he wanted to bow, he wanted to be helpful in my journey. We also talked about Tom, his younger sibling, that was the new Wind Element, and how Axel could support his younger brother through the terrifying changes that were yet to come. It was safe to say that we are now allies, friends. So in order to push Jason away I had to hurt him more, to the point where he couldn't look at me, at least until I could tell him everything and pour my sorrowful heart out to him; For a fraction of a second I thought about kissing Axel knowing that it would for sure make his heart ache, however I couldn't go through it, it made my insides feel void for even thinking of sharing a kiss with anyone that wasn't my mate, besides friends don't kiss. It would make my progress with Axel take ten steps backwards. After being sure that Jason was gone, with no intention of coming back any time soon I pulled away from Axel and took a deep breath before letting my tears finally fall freely from my eyes, down through my cheeks and neck. I'm a complete mess. My new friend quickly pulled me into a hug again before rubbing my back trying to bring me some comfort. He knew that Jason had been watching but didn't question my actions, putting his trust in me. A few minutes and a pair of wet shirts later, I seemed to regain my strength back and was left hiccuping from crying so much. "Are you ready to talk yet?" Axel asked after pulling the both of us inside the house and leaving me on the couch. I nodded and started explaining everything. "I need to keep Jason away from me for a while, I'll be leaving on a mission for a few weeks and need to be under the radar, no one can know about me, that's why I called you." I said looking at him in the eyes at the end. "I need you to be my eyes Axel, while I'm away I want you to update me on everything that happens here, I can't leave my mate and friends behind knowing that there's a threat out there without any protection." I continued while taking both his hands in mine, staring into his eyes, so that he knew how serious I was about this. "I'm not supposed to be in contact with anyone, those are direct orders from my Father, I'm willing to bend them as long as all of you are safe." I finished softly looking over his shoulder. "Won't you get in trouble for that? Castiel your dad is the Devil himself, he is bound to know sooner or later." Axel said while taking his hands from mine making me snap my gaze back at him. "Then you better pray for the later." I whispered with a small smile, knowing fully well that even if I get in trouble it won't be serious, my Father might be cold but he loves his family, but most importantly, he knows me, he knows that I would never obey to each and every of his orders like and obedient puppy. "So are you in or not?" I finally asked him, looking at him while he pondered his answer. "Of course I'm in." He answered confident. I smiled at him before asking him to wait on the couch for a few minutes while I left to go to my Father's office to retrieve a certain bag with a golden stamp - the Holy Gold stamp- on it.

Not wanting to leave Axel waiting for too long alone on the living room, I quickly rushed to the office. I heard movements coming from the inside which meant that my parents were still in there. I knocked and opened the door without bothering to wait for permission to come in, and oh boy do I regret it. Right in front of me stood my rather busy Father sitting on his chair while gripping my Mother's bottom as she rested on his lap, legs on each side of him, they looked like horny teenagers. I let out a squeal which made them immediately pull apart from each other. My Mother was a blushing mess while my Father stood with a smirk on his face looking at his wife. Mother opened her mouth to try to explain but I quickly cut her off. "I knocked!" She quickly snapped her mouth shut and got up and left the room under the pretense that she 'had a lot of things to discuss with Maria', I simply stood still as she passed by me trying to erase the recent memories that I couldn't unsee. My father let out a thunder of laugh before sobering up and look at me with a subtle smile. Remembering why I was here I got back to my mission and opened a drawer where the bag should be, only to find it empty. "What are you looking for?" Father asked curious turning his face the slightest towards his right side. "I'm searching for a book that was inside the official documents bag." I replied knowing fully well that there was no point in lying to him. "Oh, I asked Maria to remove from here a few weeks ago, the bag is back in Dead Lands." The Underworld, my home. "Why did you need it?" He asked while leaning on the wall looking down at me. "I needed some ancient spells from there, you know for the mission." It wasn't a lie, I simply left out the part that I intended to give the book with the spells to Axel. Unlike every other spell or enchantment, the ones that were written down on that book don't need the performer to be a witch or a wizard, any creature can practice them and use them, which is why they are guarded by the Devil itself and changing locations every few days. Not only were they volatile to all creatures but they were also extremely powerful. They were perfect for Axel to have in case something went wrong while I was gone. "You won't be needing those anymore." My Father said while shrugging bored. "What if something unexpected happens?" I replied pretending to wondering, lightly touching my chin while facing the ceiling. "I'm sure you are more than capable of solving any upcoming problem, besides I assigned your cousins to watch over you." Now that sparked my interest. "My cousins?" I repeated looking at him from the corner of my eyes. "Michael, Uriel, Raphael and Gabriel will be taking turns and assist you on all of your needs." Father replied smiling probably remembering his darling nephews, the main Archangels. Honestly they were all a annoying but I loved all of them regardless. However there was one of them missing. "What about Metraton?" I said frowning, Metraton was the most powerful of the Archangels, He is of immense spiritual fire, wisdom and divine light, He's not mentioned in every human culture but he's for sure very well known in the divine world. "He has been elevated to a higher rank, he is responsible for another full city in Heaven and is rather busy, like a King, I would say." He answered before leaving the office in a rather dramatic way.

I was left alone with my thoughts on the big empty office. I guess I have to make a short visit to my hometown before going fully in on this mission to get the book back. I wonder if Axel wants to come along to see what awaits him after he dies.

A/N: CEO of short chapters whats up! Online classes are slowly killing me, thank you bye. I will put some pics of who I picture as Lucifer and Charmeine later (: