47: Jason ✔️

"I don't wanna wake it up

The devil in me

Gotta wake up, gotta wake up"

-Halsey in 'Devil in Me'

I suddenly felt myself being pushed back to reality.

My whole body hummed with energy as my heart beat strongly against my chest. I felt different, more aware, stronger. 

And my soul, it felt fuller, complete almost.

I opened my eyes cautiously, guessing the headache that was yet to come, but much to my surprise I felt none. My muscles were stiff, meaning that I had been unconscious for far too long. I tried to sit up in the middle of the reasonably dark room, a broken door on the floor letting the light from to corridor shine through the room, but a weight kept my chest down not letting myself move much. 

I cleared my sight adjusting my eyes to the room and looked down, the tingles suddenly returning. It was Castiel, my angel laid unconscious on top of me rather peacefully. I smiled down at her before frowning at the amount of golden crusts that spread through our bodies, but what really caught my attention was the knife that rested on the tiled floor by the bed where we were both staying. Fearing for the worse I switched positions and laid Castiel down completely on the bed beside me as I analyzed her body for any visible wounds. 

There were none. 

Only a tear in the middle of  her shirt, right over her heart, where the golden substance was more concentrated. My head started playing different scenarios and none of them had a good ending even if my heart told me that she was okay. I rushed to fell and press her neck to check on her pulse.

It was soft and quiet but it was definitely there.

I exhaled loudly in relief.

"What the fuck happened in here?" I asked myself out loud. My voice having  a rasp to it, making it sound deeper and heavier echoing through the silent room.

My words however didn't went unnoticed.

Not even a second later a tired looking Axel barged in the door less room.

"Jason?!" He almost yelled in disbelief while staring at me with his eyes wide opened

"Yeah?" I asked confused.

"Fuck man." He then pulled me into a hug.

"Dude don't ever scare us like that again!" He said way too restless, he was nervous. There was something wrong.

"What the hell happened?" I asked looking back at my mate sleeping on the bed.

"You passed out, I brought you here and hum..."

"And?"

"And well...How do I say this?"

"Say what?!" I pressed him while getting frustrated.

"Castiel sacrificed herself. She stabbed both of you in order to save you." 

It took me a whole minute to process his words, not exactly believing in what he was saying.

I looked down at my shirt and it was, indeed, ripped on top of my heart, and more golden dried liquid spread through my body.

"What the fuck?!"  I yelled looking around in confusion, shock and anger.

"I know this sounds crazy but you need to calm down." He said while making calming hand moves.

Castiel was alive, I knew that much, I checked for myself. And the mate bond, it was stronger than ever, I knew she was here, somewhere, somehow I could feel her energy, I could feel her