25: Jason ✔️

After Castiel's weird encounter with Elder Clarence, to which she refused to talk about, the night was going rather smoothly.  People scattered around the ball room mingling among themselves, drinking, eating and laughing, in short everything was perfect. I took a moment to observe everyone around me, these are now my people, my responsibility. All of their lives rested in my hands, the children, the elders, the women and men, all of them and that was scary, I would never admit it out loud but I'm scared, I'm not even 18 yet and thousands of lives were depending on me, how can one not be nervous at least?

As if feeling my uneasiness, Castiel grabbed my hand and smiled up at me.

"Wanna dance?" She asked smiling brightly at me.

"With you? Always." I teased her to which she responded with a deep blush.

While she was pulling me into the crowd of people that were dancing to the slow and comforting melody of a piano that rested on left side of the dancing area, I took a minute to look at her.

She truly is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my entire life. Her skin was smooth and perfect, with this angelic glow on her, her lips were full, plump and incredibly soft, a deep rich red color was painted on them and accentuated the green of her bright eyes, the same eyes that held many secrets. The more I think about her and her encounter with, reasonably powerful people such as Elder Clarence and Aramazd, and the fact that her real last name is Morningstar, I'm sure I've heard that name before and for some reason the thought of saying it out loud makes me shiver, the more I think that she's hiding something. Who are you Castiel?

Then she pulled me out of my trance and put her arms around my neck and I snaked my arms around her waist as we slowly started swinging softly side to side before starting to take a few steps.

"You are so tense, is everything ok?" Concern shining through her green orbs. She cared about me, one could never fake such intense and genuine concern in their eyes, the eyes, they never lie and somehow that made me relax. So what if she's hiding something? She's my soulmate, the only person that I'm meant to be for the rest of my life, and I need to learn to trust her.

I smiled softly in response and kissed her forehead before whispering in her ear:

"I am now."

To which she smiled back before starting to hype our dance a little bit more by making some silly movements that made chuckle, and before I even noticed we were both dancing like nobody was watching, it was just the of us spinning and leaning against one another. Just two souls connecting in a room full of strangers.

After an hour, that felt like a minute, of dancing we decided that it was time to rest a little bit and get something to drink. While I was pouring cups of sparkling water to the both us I felt something jumping on my back. I was about to shake them to the ground when I heard Castiel laughing.

"Bella!"  She smiled to our that was currently hanging by my back almost falling.

"Babe get down before you hurt yourself!" Will said while laughing at the sight.

"I was just congratulating Jason! Look he even looks taller! Are you taller? Did you grow up a few inches? Can I grow up too? I'm sick of the boys calling me a smurf." She ended with a pout while jumping back to the ground.

"Oh man she's really drunk. She started ranting!" Elijah said while shaking his head with a smile.

The whole group was here, my friends were all here to support me, my chosen family was here for me and the thought made me smile. I would never admit to them but they do make my days a lot brighter. After my mom's incident that led her to have the colateral damage that she has now, the incident that was my fault, the incident that made my sister hate me and the incident that completely broke me, these people were the only ones that managed to put a smile on my face, and looking at them now interacting and laughing with my mate, made everything just better, I felt pure joy. And I'm forever grateful to these guys.

"So Jason how do you feel?" Axel, my future beta and best friend, asked me .

"I'm- " I was suddenly interrupted by a scream.

Everyone turned their heads to the source of the sound and our eyes widening in the process.

There it stood a 8 feet tall man, holding a small girl in the air by her fragile neck, his teeth were showing, glistening under the lights of the chandeliers that were set above ours heads, his mouth opened so wide that could fill the whole girl in it, but what terrified everyone the most were his eyes, they weren't white, no his eyes were completely black and dull a subtle red light coming out of them.

"He's-"

"Possessed." Castiel finished what Axel was about to say making him look at her cautiously sideways.

And hell broke loose. People were screaming and crying, the witches started chanting along side with the Elders while the Leaders tried to calm their own species down

I quickly mind-linked the pack warriors to get ready to kill on sight if needed and many other orders.

"Everyone calm down! Walk outside following the pack warriors they will protect you and lead you to a safe place. Children and pregnant women first. Warriors follow me!" I shouted in my new found Alpha command voice that seemed to boom to every corner of the room.

And slowly but surely the room started to clear out. I looked back at the small girl that was being handled by the monster, fat tears rolled down her small chubby cheeks while her eyes were red from crying, her terrified gaze locked eyes with me and I felt something burning inside me.

"Ethan take the girls with you to the safe room, Elijah and Will go help the warriors, Axel stay with me." All of them followed my orders. I took one last look at my mate, only to find her already looking at me, her eyes glowing a deep orange color, almost red. But I didn't have time to think about it I looked back at the monster in the middle of the room and quickly shifted into my wolf letting Basil take full control.

I only remember biting into the man's arm that was holding the girl hostage in the air making him let her go and got ready to see the girl pound against the ground, jumping in the air to deliver my final blow to kill him, when suddenly a bright white light appeared out of the nowhere.

A/N: hola babies do meu coração