9|| to be held like this

A/N: I was having trouble writing this chapter so I decided to write it in omniscient pov and somehow that worked for me. Also, I didn't proofread, so enjoy that lmao.

~~~
Omniscient
~~~

Both Billie and Ember had a million questions racing through their brains as they sat beside each other, both of them staring at the road ahead of them. However, neither of them was prepared to ask them yet.

Ember felt relieved. The last time she was in a car with Billie she embarrassingly spiralled into a full-blown panic attack. She even felt calm? Relaxed? Billie was relieved as well, she was relieved that Ember was having a 'normal' conversation with her and that she was finally giving Billie a chance.

The two just calmed down after laughing at one of Billie's stupid jokes. Ember turned towards Billie, unable to stop the subtle glances. Billie turned her head for a split second just to find Ember already staring. Ember felt her cheeks warm as she turned away quickly, making Billie chuckle. Billie thought about teasing her but decided against it. She didn't want to freak the girl out too much.

After a few brief moments of relaxed and comfortable silence, Billie decided to speak up. "So your parents?" Billie trailed off. Billie didn't want to come across as too strong, she wanted Ember to feel comfortable and to open up at her own pace.

"Yeah, them," Ember chuckled humourlessly. "They fucking suck," Ember stressed, letting out a large exhale that turned into a raspberry. "I know I shouldn't blame my sadness on them but they make my life a living hell," Ember admits, not being able to keep in her frustration any longer.

"I'm sorry," Billie pouted, genuinely feeling awful. She wanted to know more about the situation. She wanted to know everything about Ember. She wishes she could have been there for her sooner.

Ember was conflicted. On one hand, she wanted to let it all out, and rant about absolutely everything that has been on her mind but on the other hand, she didn't want to freak out Billie or take advantage of finally having someone to talk to. "You do really love driving, don't you?" Ember chuckled.

The two of them had been riding the streets of LA in Billie's Dodge Challenger for hours and hours; both of them loving every second of it. "Yeah, I really could drive all day. Shit, what is the time?" Billie looked at the time on her car, realizing it was almost dinner time. "Are you hungry? I'm hungry," she states.

"I could eat," Ember responds.

Billie pulls up into a drive-through, purchasing both of their meals. She opted to pick an empty parking lot to park and eat. The two girls casually conversed over their food, talking about anything that came to mind.

Both girls had many of the same interests, like TV shows, music, and opinions of the world. That didn't come as a surprise to Ember, she already knew many of Billie's interests. But she didn't actually know Billie, she knew that Billie had a whole life outside of what her fans knew and she couldn't believe she was now able to learn that life. How was she the one lucky fan? She asked herself over and over again as the two ate their dinner.

"Y'know, you're more beautiful than I had imagined you," Billie admitted as she began driving Ember back to her parent's house.

All Billie wanted to do was take her back to her own house and make her feel safe, make her feel appreciated but she knew it was an unsafe move. Her management, family, and friends would kill her.

Ember felt an intense blush creep onto her cheeks at Billie's compliment. She was too flustered to do anything, instead letting out a little "Thanks." Which made Billie smile widely.