43|| this can't be real

My body jolted when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shoulders but as soon as I felt who it was I relaxed within a split second, slipping off my headphones

"You look fucking adorable in this office, bopping around to your music," Billie spoke in my ear before spinning my chair around so I could see her.

"Why, thank you," I smiled, pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

"How was your meeting?" She asked after pulling away and plopping down on the couch across the room.

"Well," I held out the 'l', reaching for my bag, "I have something to show you," I hinted.

"No way!" She gasped.

"Yes way," I nodded, pulling out the book and hiding it behind my back, walking towards the couch.

"Let me see! Let me see!"

"Patience baby," I chuckled, sitting next to her, the book still behind my back. "Give me a kiss first," I asked, placing my hands on her jaw.

"Well, if I have to," she sarcastically pouted with a smirk.

"I mean, I could just not show you the book and-" Billie cut me off mid-sentence by pressing her lips to mine. I smiled into the kiss and couldn't stop.

"It's kinda hard to kiss you when you're smiling like a geek," Billie said against my lips. I pushed her shoulder playfully, the smile remaining on my lips. She reached for my hand, intertwining our fingers, her icy blue eyes meeting mine. "But for real Ember," she spoke seriously, "I'm so happy that you're happy and I'm so fucking proud of you."

"I'm proud of you," I told her.

"Thank you," she blushed, "now, can I see the book please?"

"Okay, okay," I pulled it out from behind my back and held it out in front of her. I watched her jaw drop and her eyes widen as she grabbed it from my hands.

"Holy shit!" She exclaimed, "It's perfect! Do you love it? I love it, and I'm gonna need a signed copy," she went on and on, making me chuckle.

"I do love it," I confirmed, "and it's all thanks to you."

"No, that's not true."

"It is! Angel City Press never would have reached out if it weren't for you."

"Look, I may have let them know that I knew of an amazing author but you put in all of the work. You e-mailed them back and forth, you went to the meetings, and you wrote the entire book. This was all you, okay?"

"Mhmm," I hummed with a nod. "Anyways, this is the fully edited version. I haven't read it yet so I'm supposed the read it to make sure all the editing is good and everything," I explained. "Enough about me, how was the gym?"

"It was really good but I'm starving now. You hungry?"

"Yeah, I could eat. How about we go make some burritos?" I suggested, watching a smile grow on my girlfriend's lips. She nodded her head, reaching her hand out. I took it and we walked to the kitchen, working together to fry burritos for a late dinner.