21|| i'm not gonna say anything

TW: Brief mention of SH

~~~

I was softly woken up by Billie shuffling beside me. I squinted my eyes open to see her grab her phone from the nightstand and settle back beside me as she begins scrolling.

She turned to me and did a double-take when she realized my eyes were open. "Good morning angel, I'm sorry if I woke you up."

"It's okay," I yawned, hugging the pillow.

"God, you're adorable," I heard Billie whisper under her breath. I don't know if she meant for me to hear that. I felt my cheeks flush at her words but didn't say anything. "Did you sleep okay?"

"I slept great," I smiled. "Did you sleep okay?"

"I always sleep well with you beside me," she cracked a smile. "I can smell breakfast. Do you want to go eat ?"

"Um, I'm not tryna have another awkward conversation," I muttered.

"You weren't awkward, love," Billie pouted. "But if you don't want to then I'll go grab us some food and we can eat in here," she offered.

"No, no. I'll be okay," I shook my head. I don't want to be rude either...

The both of us crawled out of bed and made our way into the kitchen where Patrick was sitting at the breakfast table reading a newspaper and Maggie was plating some food. "Good morning you two. You sleep well?" Patrick asked, flipping a page in the newspaper.

"I can't believe you still read a newspaper," Billie snorted.

"Don't make fun of your old man," Patrick chuckled.

"You girls hungry?" Maggie questioned.

"Yeah, did you make enough?" Billie asked.

I should probably say something...I look awkward standing here...

"Can I help with anything?" I asked Maggie with a shaky voice.

"Sure, there's apple juice and orange juice in the fridge. Can you grab it?" Maggie smiled.

I nodded my head before opening up the fridge and grabbing both juices, placing them on the table. Billie sat down next to her dad. She patted the spot on her other side and I sat down next to her. Maggie handed us all a plate filled with food.

"Orange or apple?" Billie asked me.

"Um, apple," I told her. She filled up my cup, almost overflowing it.

It seemed like everyone was a little tired and conversations were minimal, however, when Maggie mentioned a meeting in two days I was slightly shocked. I kinda forgot Billie was famous...I mean, it hits me once in a while but she's just a human and she's so....normal? Like I forget sometimes.

"Thank you for dinner and breakfast and just everything," I told Maggie as Billie and I were about to leave.

"Anytime. You're always welcome here Ember," Maggie smiled, pulling me in for a hug. This family hugs a lot... Billie said goodbye to her mom and we walked out to Billie's car, ready to go back to her house.

~~~

"I just realized that you haven't even been in my pool yet!" Billie gasped, suddenly sitting up straight.

"I have not," I confirmed. "I don't really swim though," I shifted uncomfortably.

"Like, you don't know how," she pursed her lips.

"I- I know how. I just don't like umm- I don't like it?"

Billie scanned my face for a moment before sifting her whole body toward mine. "Ember, you don't have to hide with me. I'm not gonna say anything," she explained gently.