17|| tell me

A/N: Some of you will understand this and some of you won't and that's okay but, when someone uses my name a lot in a conversation it's like Idk, hot or comforting? Like I just love how Billie uses Ember's name a lot while talking to her, for example, "Are you sure, Ember?" or "You're beautiful, Ember."

This book so far has been pretty back and forth in terms of Ember and her parents and I'm kinda sick of it so some shit might go down soon hehe. Okay, anyways, that's all my thoughts for today. Enjoy this chapter because I'm back bitches!

~~~

Waking up to a sleeping Billie beside me put a smile on my face. I can't remember the last time I woke up and smiled. She's like this little boost of hope in my life however, it can't stay this way. I need to go back home, I need to face my parents. I can't just live with Billie, I can't take over her home. I can't burden her, she has enough issues and I don't want to add to them. Carefully shuffling out of Billie's arms I grab my few items, shoving them in my bag.

"Ember?" Billie mumbles. I turn to see her rubbing her eyes and sitting up slowly. "What are you doing? Come here."

"I need to go," I mutter, sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Go where?"

"My parent's house," I bite my cheek, making eye contact with her.

"Ember," she sighs, "why don't you let me help you?" There's sadness swirling in her eyes, making my chest tighten.

"It's hard Billie."

"Explain it to me, please? Why is it hard?" She shuffles on the bed until she sits in front of me crisis crossed. I let out a deep breath as she laces both her hands in mine.

"It's just- I'm not used to people caring, not used to people wanting to help me," I begin. "You know the story of my parents, I've never really had people help me, never had people believe me. I don't-" I bite my trembling lip as Billies rubs the pad of her thumbs across the back of my hands. A tear threatens to spill as I watch our interlaced hands.

"Tell me," Billie urges in a gentle tone.

"I feel like a burden on you. You have so much going on and I don't want to add any unnecessary stresses to your life, y'know? I don't want to just be this person in your life that needs saving or something. I-I don't know how to explain it. Like- I'm not okay, I'm really really depressed and I don't want to be a cloud over your head, I don't want you to feel like you have to take care of me or something. I just feel helpless and like there's nothing to live for sometimes," I finish, staring at the floor.

I feel gentle fingers reach under my chin and my eyes meet hers. I'll never get over her eyes. "Ember," she smiles slightly, her eyes scanning my face carefully. "You're so so so far from a burden in my life. I know you feel like you are but like- no matter how you feel right now, you are not too much and you're not someone I need to 'deal with'. Ember you're perfect. You're a human, a human being going through a hard time, everyone has hard times. You're not helpless and I promise good things will come, it just takes time."

"Can you promise me something?"

"Anything," Billie smiled.

"I don't want this to be one-sided. I want to help you too... I want to be there for you as much as you're here for me so, will you tell me if there's something going on in your life?"

"Of course, always. Now c'mere," she opened up her arms and I fell into her embrace. She is my safety blanket. "I want you to know that I care about you, like a lot."

"I care about you a lot too."

"Now, should I make us some breakfast?" Billie offered, pulling away from the hug.

"Sure," I smiled softly, "Do you mind if I take a shower?"

"Go for it cutie," she winked before leaving her bedroom. I let out a deep breath while looking around her room. It felt like some sort of weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Just knowing she knows how I feel is relieving.

~~~

As I rinse out the last of the conditioner from my hair I can't stop thinking about last night. I can't believe she kissed me, she fucking kissed me. We haven't even talked about it. It was just so...natural? It felt so right and after a few more kisses we just fell asleep and cuddled up together. I don't want to bring it up because what if she regrets it? What am I saying? If she regretted it she would have kicked me out this morning, right? But why would she kiss me when she could literally kiss anyone she wanted? I continue to think as I turn off the water and wrap a towel around my body.

We kissed, we cuddled, and when we woke up we had a deep talk... So, she could actually be into me. Of course she's into me, she wouldn't kiss someone she's not into... I physically facepalm my forehead as the thoughts don't stop. Luckily my phone starts ringing and cuts off the intrusive thoughts.

I smile as I see Elodie's name across my screen. "Hey little sis," I answer.

"Ember you have to come home," she explains, her voice sounding frantic.

"Is everything okay?" My brows furrow.

"No, no, you need to come home, like right now."

"Okay, I'm coming but are you okay? Do I need to call 911?" I put the phone on speaker, quickly drying myself off.

"No, don't call the cops just please come home!"

"Get off the phone," I hear my father shout in the distance.

"And hurry please," Elodie says before hanging up abruptly.

~~~

Words: 1010

I'm so happy I'm back! Don't forget to vote loves