41|| the world will have to know

"Are you sure? Like you're 1000 percent positive?" Billie asked for what felt like the hundredth time in the last five minutes.

"I've told you, Billie, I am ready. Are you ready? Because you can't seem to hit that 'post' button," I raise a brow.

"I'm so ready and so sure that this is what I want, I just want you to know fully what you're getting into," she frowned.

"Baby," I grabbed her face in between my hands, looking her dead in the eyes. "We spent all of last night talking about everything and anything that might happen after this and we agreed that we would be okay. You have to trust that we will be okay and strong enough to handle anything that comes our way."

"Yeah, yeah, you're right," she nodded her head.

"Okay," I nodded back, letting go of her face and grabbing her phone and passing it to her. "Plus, if we're getting married one day, the world will have to know," I stated.

"Oh, you're tryna marry me?" Billie teased with raised brows, a mischievous look in her eyes.

"I'm hoping to one day," I pursed my lips. 

"Me too," she smiled genuinely before averting her eyes back to her phone.

She took a deep breath before finally posting the picture of me; more specifically the picture she took of me last night. I embraced her in a big hug before opening up my Instagram to look at the post, noticing it somehow already had hundreds of likes.

 I embraced her in a big hug before opening up my Instagram to look at the post, noticing it somehow already had hundreds of likes

Liked by claudiasulewski and others
Billieeilish: meet my girlfriend <3

Finneas: ew

Claudiasulewski: cutest couple

billiefanacc1: holy fucking shit

"Now what?" I questioned, tossing my phone onto the sheets beside us. 

"Now we wait for the articles."

Shaking my head with a sarcastic eye roll I remember that this morning Angel City Press e-mailed me with a few book cover mock-ups and I wanted Billie's opinion. "Oh!" I grabbed my phone again, pulling up the e-mail. "I got some ideas for my book cover and I need your advice because they're all so good," I explained, passing her my phone. 

"Shit, these are good," I watched her eyes as she carefully examined each photo. 

"Which one are you like 'oh, that's intriguing, I wanna read that'?" I questioned. 

"I really really like this one," she turned the phone towards me and I smiled because that was also the one I was leaning towards. It was a picture of a teenage girl standing in the sand at a beach at night, the moon reflecting off the water with a silhouette of a beautiful angel in the sky, representing my cousin.