Chapter 2

Another annoying thing about having guests over is getting ready and looking pretty to impress them or what, I don't know.

It irks me to apply even a bit of makeup. But I know mom will pester till she makes me look like a china doll with red circles on my cheeks. Ughh!

"Have you decided yet?" Maria asks as she lays on her stomach on my bed with a magazine in her hand. "On what to wear?"

"Nope." I shrug, trying to read a book in peace for once.

Ever since the declaration of me becoming the next Alpha, I've lost most of my freedom. Always having to learn this and that. Skills, duties, responsibilities etc.

Everyone and everything's been getting under my skin, and I don't know how longer will I be able to tolerate and pull through. While pops' trying to be as helpful and supportive, mom is just been purely nagging. And I know why.

She has been not so in favor of me being an Alpha from the first. She never liked when I hunt, or when I wore boys' clothes all the time, or when I sat on the dining table with my legs crossed, or even when I read books. The only thing she likes about me is my hair. Cause it's long and graceful, her words, not mine.

And she loves to put her words in my mouth as well. With her trying to be my guidance, I can never be a proper Alpha, so I do what I feel like. And thank Goddess, everyone seems to somehow like me this way.

Well, except the boys, they fear me. Because even one wrong movement of their eye, and their bones may break. They avoid me like plague, and I like it that way.

"Should I wear a hoodie? Or my new pair of dress pants and suit?"

"Are you crazy? Luna Romanoff will be furious if you wore those." Maria sits upright on the bed, her eyes going bigger than possible.

She's the poor collateral damage in my little battles against mom, cause in the end, she always ends up taking her anger out on the girl. Which I hate, but can't yet do anything about. Just lemme be the Alpha after my 18th birthday, I'm not gonna let mom take it out on Maria ever again.

I know it's hard.

I'm gonna be the first female Alpha in a century for our pack, the largest, the Moon Howlers.

We have been reigning not only over the other packs but as well over humans. Without even their knowing, we've been trading and doing business with them for ever.

All my ancestors have been from here. The city of Gloria is my home. My life. And I'm destined to protect it. I can never be so proud of my father that he thought of me as capable of doing so. And I will prove him, that I am just as capable as a son can be.

"I don't care. I'm not gonna-"

"Alianova," smooth timing mom. "Oh my Goddess! You haven't gotten ready yet, they're gonna arrive any minute now. Come on come on, hurry, darling." She pulls me up by my arm, shoving me to sit on the dressing stool. "Maria, get the dress I bought last sunday for her. Come on, fast fast. There's no time to waste."

I yank my arm off her grip, my face grimacing at the mention of that blue dress. "No mom. That's too tight and too princess-y. I don't like that dress."

"Hush. You don't know anything about outfits. So don't irritate me now. Sit down, I'll fix your hair. What have you been doing, Maria? It's your job to get her properly dressed and ready and you're just enjoying that filthy magazine. I don't know why we even keep you-"

"Mom!" I glare at her through the mirror of my dressing table as mom's piercing grey eyes meet mine. "She's not our house-keeper, she's my friend. Don't talk to her like that."

"And Miss, don't you talk to me in that tone." Her eyes flash purple for a second, making my head lower, I can hear my wolf whining in distress as her Luna is angry with her. I shush her down.

"Here Luna." Maria comes back with the dress, her eyes getting puffy from restraining her tears from falling. "I'll go get dressed myself. May I leave?"

"Yeah yeah go." Mom barely waves her hand and Maria scurries away.

"I hate it when you disrupt our peaceful moments." My wolf whines once more at my disrespectful behavior, but I ignore.

"I'm not bound to listen to you or your caprice. They only work with your father." She doesn't look at me as her fingers move delicately through my long strands, slowly making a grandiose looking french braid.

"And what if someone turns out to be your mate at tonight's dinner. Alpha Rogers' gonna bring his three sons. I don't want you in any rude confrontation like last time. You have to know that too, you need to find your mate before you're 18."

"Why?" My brows furrow while she remains silent.

"I asked why?"

"Don't be like this Alianova."

"Because you think a mate would help me handle the Alpha position? You want a male's hand over the leadership because you don't trust me? Or female leadership in general? I don't need a fucking mate to become an Alpha-'

"Alianova!" A loud growl erupts within her throat as her eyes flash a brighter purple indicating her wolf is taking over, and her hands clench around my hair, she glares sharply at me through the mirror.

I can feel the vibration in the air but I keep my head straight, fighting against my wolf's will to bow down.

"Not one more word." She breaths lowly before finishing my braid and throwing the dress at my face, and stomping out of the room.

I sigh, an angry tear rolls down my cheek but I quickly wipe it off, she's never gonna understand or believe me, so what's the point in crying? No point. She has always wanted a calm and composed daughter, then she would've trusted the Alpha position with me as well, what can I do if I'm not up to her expectation? Nothing.

I take the fluffy, netted piece of clothe and head to my closet to get in this utterly tight dress.

Strangely, the dress hangs perfectly over my slim form. It doesn't seem as tight or 'not being able to breath' type, it even looks nice on me. I wonder what happened.

But but but, the good outcome of all the arguments is that, mom forgot to put makeup on me. Yes!

~~~

A/N:-
Hope you liked the chapter...
Please vote and comment if you like the story so far...thank you so much for reading!🌹

~N~