Chapter 3

Natasha's dress ^^^

By 7 pm I'm ready, and quite pleased with my look.

I twirl in front of the mirror, holding my dress and smiling to myself as I admire the way I look, right then a smell hits me.

In a mere few seconds, my whole house starts reeking of the said smell. It's like an insect floating on a freshly cleaned water, like something I can't quite put my finger on, but it's alluring.

The odor smells like it has its very own existence and is pulling me to it, making my whole body and senses vibrate with an otherworldliness. Yet it is still unclear, vague, non-identifiable. I can't really tell what is the smell is of, it's not anyone from my pack's that's for sure. It's too strong than any wolf's scent I've ever inhaled. It's mesmerizing, its blurry.

I didn't even realize when I have closed my eyes to sharpen my smelling senses and started taking in the scent, returning to my senses I snap my eyes open. And to my utter surprise, my eyes are flashing pale blue, indicating my wolf is trying to surface. My feet stagger backwards as a single word stumbles out my wolf's mouth.

'Mate'

~~~

All my life I have never been fond of this whole mate bond thing. Yes I have been curious, but to me, it only seemed like a weakness from becoming invincible. So I was never eager, nor too keen on finding mine, even behaved callously when my parents tried to help me. Nor did I ever realize the stregnth or the pull a mate bond could have on me, and how it will, in an instant, bind me to its owner.

My feet moved on their own and I found myself at the end of the stairs, holding my breath, my heart trying to beat out of my chest while my wolf kept restlessly crawling at my insides to get out, and embrace her mate in her arms. She has waited and tolerated my disrespects long enough to finally let it all go now.

"Alianova, come on honey, look who's here." Pops' kind voice draws me back to reality, and I once again find my feet back.

The scent kept doubling and tripling, making my head dizzy and vision foggy as I watch the world in a haze. As my steps stop just outside the wall of the dining hall, I inhale a sharp amount and finally identify the scent of my mate.

Mate, It still sounds strange to utter the word.

Their scent is sweet, as sweet as the first drop of the rain fall, as sweet as the raw honey dripping off a beehive, as heavenly as the first smell of soaked soil after a heavy rain. This is documentedly the most pompous scent to ever exist.

Shaking in sheer curiosity, I move aside from the wall and step inside to be immediately met with a pair of dark brown eyes staring back at me with their brows knitted together.

"You're Natasha, right? Who broke my brother's arm last night? That was so cool, man. I'm proud of ya. He was long due some breaking-"

"Peter, let the girl greet everyone first." A woman in her late forties speaks up, her newly formed grey hairs knotted together in a bun with a few loose strands falling from sides. Her hands folded in front of her stomach, looking as posh and modest as possible. "Come here, dear."

The Luna aura is raditating off of her strongly. My eyes travel through the room in search of that one person but they're no where to be seen. From the corner of my eyes, I see my mom glaring at me. I quickly shift my eyes back to Luna and Alpha Rogers, and bow slightly.

"Hello, I'm Natasha Alianova Romanoff, daughter of Ivaan Romanoff."

"Oh I know. It's great to meet you, love. Such a beautiful girl you are." She gently tucks a strand of hair behind my ear while smiling warmly at me. My heart swoons as my own mother has never looked at me so motherly.

"I'm so sorry for what happened the other night."

"Don't be, I'm sure my son deserved it. He is one naughty young man." She tsks, still smiling then finally adds, "In fact I think James has something to say to you instead. Right, James?"

James, or who said his name was Bucky, is the boy who tried to mess with me and got an arm broken the previous night. I can see the plaster hanging off his shoulder as his face grimaces, and he keeps looking down. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright." I smile at him. He looks up and smiles back politely.

"You were so cool by the way." My brother would have loved seeing you in action, he loves when women rises for themselves."

My heart leaps up in my throat at the mention of his brother. He's the one. He must be. Or else the signs can not be false, he must be here somewhere.

I swallow hard.

"Oh right, where is your brother? I can't believe him wandering around someone else's house." Alpha Rogers speaks for the first time as he searches for his son.

"It's okay. A young man is good when curious. But not much though." My father laughs out earning a hard glare from my mom, but suprisingly Alpha and Luna Rogers joins in as well.

"Please have a seat." My mom ushers them to the table while the maids start serving the lavish foods.

"Sit by me dear." Luna Rogers urges, and I smile with a nod.

"Thank you Luna-"

"Oh please, call me Sarah."

"Sure, Sarah."

"Peter can you please go and find your brother?"

"He's out in the garden, watching the flowers! He's such a-"

"Alright alright. Let him be." Sarah stops the boy and smiles awkwardly at us.

Peter looks about 15-16 years old with a baby-like face and dazzling brown eyes, he seems to be enjoying this dinner way too much.

As soon as the food is served, he starts fueling his mouth with them. Which shocks me the most is, nor his father or mother stops him nor do they scold him for being gross. I wish I had this type of freedom, but they at least should teach him some manners.

James also shyly picks some foods and starts eating, but where is their brother? Time seems to be slowed down as my heart only does somersaults.

"Steven is a very quiet boy, he doesn't suit around people much and keeps to himself. He loves flowers and silence, probably that's why he went out." Sarah informs, taking a small, polite bite of the steak served.

"Won't he eat?" I ask out without my knowledge and feel my cheeks heating up thinking how desperate I must have sounded.

"I'm sure he'll come back in a few minutes." Alpha Rogers, or Joseph, interrupts before resuming his chat with pops.

"Hannah, go please get him." Mom orders one of the maids and she hurries out of the hall out to the yard. My heart starts its dance once more as the time nears.

I haven't realized as the scent has already adjusted to my smell buds and I am already familiar with it.

I wait anxiously, my fork moving around my plate and my eyes fixated at the corridor.

He will be here any minute now.

~~~