Chapter 20

Red Crescent pack is planning to attack on us?

How can pops leave such a huge matter to himself? Does he not trust me enough? If he did, he would've shared this with me. I could help, I could put some burden off his shoulders. Or else what kind of an Alpha would I make?

"Pops?" I knock on his door, after much thinking and plotting on how to start talking without raging him up.

"Come in."

Hesitatingly, taking in a deep breath, I enter the room. It's very grimly around here, or it's only my lingering anticipation.

"Yes, Alianova?" For the first time I notice the wrinkles, the bags under his eyes, and how weary and exhausted he looks. My heart aches for him, poor pops.

"Uhm I've something to talk about." I clear my throat.

"What is it?" He points a finger under his chin, looking out the window, sitting on his spinny chair.

Once again, taking in a deep breath I realize it's now too late to beat around the bush, and it's already too late in general anyway. "Why did you not tell me about the Red Crescent pack?"

He whips his chair around, a pale, sunken look over his already tired features. My heart sinks into my stomach.

"W-who- h-how-"

"I overheard Daniel talking." I sigh deeply. "Why pops? You could've shared your burdens with me, I'm here to help, I'm your daughter. Then why?"

His eyes soften, he puts his hand out and runs it over his face, slumping against the headrest and closing his eyes.

"I wanted to protect you."

"That's bullshit!" I snap, "I'm gonna be your successor, and you still wanna protect me from these matters?! It's not fair!" My hands ball into fists as I feel my eyes tear up in frustration.

"Honey, you were going through something hard, you had your own matters to deal with. I couldn't put more on your plate." He says in a defeated tone and I feel even more shrunken in.

It was all because of me being a pathetic loser and moping around that pops didn't count me as a support. Obviously, I failed to prove to be an even competetor. I squeeze my eyes shut.

"I'm sorry, pops." My voice cracks slightly. "I couldn't be someone you could rely on to."

"Not at all, sweetheart." Pops stands up and walks over to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and hugging me to his warm chest. "You've always been a great support to me. You're my shield, baby." He kisses my head.

I sniffle softly, hugging him back and seeking comfort in his arms.

"Thanks." I mutter after a few moments of comfortable silence. "But I promise I'll be better from now on. I wanna be better, but you have to share everything with me, promise me you will?"

I feel a hand run through my hair and a sigh leaving my pops' mouth before he answers.

"Promise."

~~~

After much convincing and compromising, pops has agreed to let me have a meeting with the Red Cresent pack's Alpha, Kristoff.

Since we have been "friends forever", mark the air quotes, I decided it's better we talk, attack later.

It won't be easy arranging a meeting with someone who has been planning on finishing us for months. But I wanna try.

I don't want everything to end in bloodshed. I want all of us, wolves, to live in harmony, to be at peace and have each other's back. Not on tail to snatch one another's position and get on it.

It's not easy to spread serenity and mental soothing quality to everyone, but I'll try my best.

The plan is that I'll visit Kristoff on my own, proving to be harmless, I know it's gonna be a huge risk because they're gonna take me as a trap, but it's our last chance, then I'm gonna request to talk to him, in my humblest behavior possible. If granted, my first try will be learning what they want exactly, and why did they suddenly turn on us? If there's anything that can be done without a fight.

Then secondly, I'll offer something, that'll depend on their answers though, which will be totally on me as I won't be prepared.

I just hope everything goes well and they don't severe my head right at their gates.

I've yet to talk to Bruce and pops about the merging and accepting. I dunno if he'll agree or not. I just hope all ends up well for me, I don't wanna create anymore mess.

I really need Steve right now. I want him to embrace me, to tell me it's all gonna be okay. To kiss me, to hold me.

Ughh why did I not go to him first?!! Enough is enough now I'm going to my love. Hug the shit out of him and kiss him senseless. That's it.

~~~