Chapter 21

"I don't wanna talk to you."

That's the first thing that idiot says when we finally talk after days. Seriously?

"Steve please, give me one chance to ask for forgiveness at least."

He stays silent for a moment then replies with just a 'hm'.

"Alright uhm I'm so sorry, so so sorry I ruined our special night, your special night. But I want to assure you that no matter what way I used, I was actually ready to be yours, to make you mine, to mate. I promise that part wasn't fake or just a pretense. I just- I was in such a messed up state that I totally misused the opportunity, please forgive me, baby. I love you." I plea with nothing but genuine feelings in my voice. And hope he understands me.

"I dunno what to say."

I groan internally.

"Just say you forgive me, hm? Please, I don't want this misunderstandings, this distance between us, please."

"I understand, but I don't know if I can be suddenly all lovey dovey with you. I want some time to rebuild the understanding."

"It's perfectly fine. I'm okay with it. But can you please come to the cabin again? Tonight? I want to spend some time with you, I really need you right now. I know I'm being selfish as I wasn't there when you needed me, but let me please make it up to you." I bit my lip waiting for his reply.

He sighs then says, "Okay."

"Thank you so much. I'll be waiting."

~~~

I've lit candles everywhere possible, to create a romantic mood and to allure the scents. It looks quite pretty I guess. I have no idea how to impress an angry Alpha but I'm doing my best.

After letting the candles burn, I step outside, hiding behind the cabin for Steve's arrival. I want to 'boo' him from behind.

When I'm hiding I swear I suddenly hear giggling sounds. I snap my eyes around, but nothing. I can't even smell anyone. But I swear I heard it.

I shake the suspicions off and wait for Steve. There he is! I watch him get out of the car, looking as handsome and sexy as ever, he walks toward the cabin, grabs the knob, turns it over and yes!

I sneak from behind the walls and walk to the door, his back facing me, I ready my hands to boo on him but-

Oh my Goddess!! What the bloody hell!!!!

Who extinguished all the candles?!!!!!!

"What is it, Nat?" Steve's voice snaps my rage filled mind to reality and I look up at him with defeated eyes.

"I-I really wanted to do something special for you. Don't know which little shits did this. I knew I heard the giggles. It must be Yelena and Mavy. Ughhh!!"

"Hey it's okay." He pats my shoulders, "I don't care if the candles are now not lit, since I know what you wanted, they'll always be lighting up for me."

I swoon seeing his small smile. He can just run me over with a roller and I'll be happy.

"Well since this plan flopped, let's go to the next one."

I don't give him a chance to talk as I grab his hand and drag him upstairs. We walk in to the bedroom and there's more candles, extinguished.

I feel like screaming and crying. My eyes keep fixated on my destroyed romantic mood because I'm too ashamed to face Steve, my hand still wrapped around his wrist, shooting sparks through it.

"It's fine." He mumbles but there's a hint of laughter in his tone. I whip around just in time to see the smile leaving his face, and instead, a stoic expression gets on.

"Is it funny to you, Steven Rogers?" I dare, stepping closer to him, brows knitted together.

"I didn't say that." He says through another muffled fit of laughter, his face turning red from trying to keep the laughter in.

I stop when my forehead touches his chin and ditrect my nose right in his neck, breathing in the sweet scent he radiates. It thrills my body and soul. I continue to brush my nose along the skin, and he shudders.

"What are you doing, Nat?" His voice wavers, letting me know the effect I have over him.

I slightly lean in and start trailing soft kisses along his jawline down to his neck, occasionally baring my teeth and grazing the skin gently, he literally shivers, his hands flying up to wrap around my body.

He wraps his one arm around my hips and another goes through my hair, tugging and pulling at them in the slightest while I cherish him in the way I know it'll make him go crazy.

I place a firm and long kiss on the space where I'll mark him, it's the sweet spot for wolves, and it satisfies me when he lets a hot grunt slip through his mouth.

The hand he has on the back of my head pushes me further into his neck and I kiss there a bit hard while my hands fumble with the buttons of his shirt, one by one unbuttoning them.

I pull away from him and stare up to see his gorgeous pale blue eyes looking at me with lust, love, care, affection, respect and many, many more emotions. It's overwhelming.

Pushing his shirt off his shoulders, I throw it away and admire the toned, eight packs, it makes my heart thrum obnoxiously.

Slowly running a finger down his abs, I push him back, I keep pushing him untill his knees hit the edge of the bed and he flops down on it. He breaths heavily while gazing up at me, silently urging me to do whatever the hell I want with him.

That's the special thing about his eyes, they speak more than his mouth. It amazes me, it wins me over.

I grab my own shirt and rip it apart, discarding it somewhere on the floor then crawl over the bed, straddling his waist and pinning his arms above his head, I dangerously lean in, keeping an inch or two part between our mouths.

"Do you want this?" I ask in a husky tone, probably from how heavy we're breathing.

He squeezes his eyes shut and nods.

"Of course damn it. Don't make me wait any longer." I'm taken aback by how his voice doubles with Stephan's and his eyes flash a bright yellow then back to the baby blue ones.

I smirk, I feel like doing so many things yet when I look into his eyes, I can't help but melt into the softness behind them, the longing, the esteem.

My brows furrow in the most loving way possible and I release his arms, instead cup his face between my palms and press our lips in a much needed kiss.

He freezes for a mere second but immediately wraps his arms around me and flushes me tight against his body, our skins merge and I feel fireworks bursting within.

This is the night we become one, we become whole and complete, this night can never get any less perfect.

~~~