Chapter 7

I can't believe for Goddess' sake he brought me in his house. The pack house of the Black Moon pack.

It's huge. And gorgeous. A manor. Just like ours but more decorative with the same homely vibes. It feels good to be here, as if I'm meant to be here. I look around as Steve has suddenly left me in the hall to get something.

I watch the photo frames lining up the stairs, a few show pieces in a shelf attached to the foyer. There's a huge chandelier hanging in the middle, and a portrait of Alpha Rogers right on the big wall. Along with several family photos.

"Whew! Look who's here."

I can recognize this voice anywhere.

"Bucky." I tip my lips into a tight smile. "How's the arm?"

His face slightly falls before he gets back to his usual smirky-flirty look.

"Good. Getting better." He rubs his hand over the broken arm unconsciously, "How are you here by the way?"

Before I can reply Steve returns, looking a bit flustered. "Hey, uhm come on we can hang out in my room."

I shrug and turn to follow him when I hear Bucky whistling from behind.

"That's a first Stevie!" He yells, chuckling.

I turn on my heels, and in my fast-mode, rush to him, grabbing his collars and glaring right in his eyes,

"Be careful of how you speak and behave around me." I grit through my teeth, barely keeping Natalia inside as she tries to break free and fight this naive boy for misbehaving with our mate.

Bucky stumbles backwards when I release him, hands up in surrender, face dark. "Sorry man. Calm down, no need to get all defensive. I was just joking." He mumbles and then leaves.

"It's fine, he's carefree and comfortable around people, that's why gets like this. Nothing to be careful about." I notice the fall of Steve's face as he probably felt upset I hurt his brother almost twice. I shouldn't have done that.

"I'm sorry I overreacted."

"No, no it's alright." He quickly says, "leave it now. Let's go upstairs."

"Sure."

~~~

Steve's room is big, just like his manor and car, it's as organized as a girl's room. But mine isn't that clean and tidied up. I smile, the thought of Steve complaining about dirt and messiness travelling around my mind.

His room is based on a lighter shade of blue with black and white mixed up. It's cool.

There's a king sized bed in the middle and ceiling touched windows covering the opposite wall of the bed, there's netted curtains covering the windows with a desk on one side, and a walk-in closet on the other, just beside it is the washroom door probably.

There's dumbles and working out instruments present as well. That explains the abs though.

My cheeks flame up when an image of him working out flashes before my eyes, and I have to turn around so he doesn't see them.

"Uhm are you good? You seem awfully quiet."

I turn to reply but all my air escapes my lungs when I realize he has gotten closer than earlier, my forehead almost touching his chin as he looks down at me with wide curious eyes, lips slightly parted. His mint breath hits my face and I intake sharply, then take a step back.

"Uh-uh y-yeah. I'm good." I hate it when he makes my voice disappear like this.

"Wanna eat something? I can call Fainall over to get something."

"No it's fine. We just ate at the cafe." I respond after looking over the windows for a while. "Your room looks nice and cozy."

"Thanks. I hate messiness to be honest."

"Cool. I'm not much of a fan either. Guess we match in some point then."

He blushes then smiles at me, making my heart flutter like a fucking butterfly.

"Do you play?" I ask, noticing the huge piano set near the window corner.

The view from there is the far away ocean waves along with their back yard garden. It's eye catching.

"Sometimes." He shrugs.

"Can you play something for me?" Without my knowing, I've radiated an emotional aura which only effects the mates, to which his reaction is the purest thing ever.

He frowns with a pout before relaxing his features and smiles warmly at me.

"Of course I can, for you, anything." He responds, I'm sure the answer was from his heart, not mind. Either way it melts my insides and does something stupid to these stupid feelings.

He walks over to the piano and graciously sits down, gesturing for me to sit beside him. I do as asked and watch as his fingers settle over the keys then slowly they start to move, one after another, a sweet melody drifts into the room and fills my ears.

I close my eyes and feel the tune with all my senses, it touches my soul, and I feel goosebumps rise all over my skin.

It ends too soon and I have to flutter my eyes open, then adjust to the light before looking at him to see him already staring at me. I blush lightly.

"It was bloody fantastic. I totally loved it." I say honestly and he smiles softly, his pink lips tugging at the corners.

"I have written this myself. For my mate."

His confession startles me. I have to shut my mouth and re-open in an attempt to response, but nothing comes out.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything. I just wanted you to know."

"Thank you. For making me feel so special." I smile up at him, our shoulders touching, making our bond bubble in excitement.

"You are special."

The air gets sheavy suddenly, our eyes bore deeply onto eachother, his fragrance double over, and I can feel my inner-self wanting to lose the boundaries and just have him all I want.

Not being able to reply further, I stand up and turn around going over to his bed, flopping down.

"Do I need to greet your parents or anything? I mean it's my first time here after all." I say, diverting the heavy atmosphere.

"They're out for fishing. They spend a few times of the week far away from all the responsibilities, the pack, the sons, and just enjoy each other's company."

"That's so sweet. I'd love that as well someday."

"Okay, we will follow this routine too."

His answer takes me aback once again, I've never thought this way before.

He is my destined partner, we're meant to be together and I haven't yet given it a proper thought. So foolish of me.

As I watch him sit on the piano stool with his hands between his legs and a dreamy look in his blue eyes, I suddenly feel a strong emotion coming over me for this boy, an overwhelming feeling to give him all the love in the world, to fulfill his every dream, and to name him as mine.

And it's not only because he is my mate, it's because of his innocence, his soft gestures, his non-toxic promises with his mate. And mostly his baby blue eyes.

All of him is something beyond our mate-bond, I know it's only the second time I'm meeting him, but I already feel myself fall the first step in love, with this beautiful boy.

~~~

A/N:-
Don't forget to comment your thoughts, and vote if you liked the chapter!

Love you guys🌹