Chapter 10

It's Steve's 18th birthday and I'm invited. Along with my whole family. I am really excited to be honest.

Over the last few days, we've become really close, even been hugging and holding hands occasionally. Due to the incident at his school, Bruce has learnt about our mate thingy. But I have requested him to tell no one. Although he agreed, I'm still weary if someone finds out.

Mom will surely force me into marrying and moving into the Black Moon pack. I have got so many dreams to follow, I can't marry and settle down even before I'm 18. I have to keep this a secret for as long as I can.

"You and Steve's gotten really close, aren't you?" Maria asks as we all get into our cars to head over to the party, "It's good to see you making friends."

"Yeah. He's nice actually. And his brother has come into line since our meet and greet as well, so it's nice to have someone."

"That's great, Nat. I'm really happy. Just you know, don't let him cross the boundaries your mate means to cross."

I smirk to myself before shaking my head vigorously. "Of course. I'm never gonna get involve that way."

"Good then."

"By the way I've called Bruce over as well, I hope Steve doesn't mind."

"Why would he? You're supposed to bring a plus one."

"I'm already taking plus two."

"He'a got enough money to feed two extra wolves." Maria chuckles and I laugh.

"Sure."

~~~

Their pack house along with the yards, is gourgeously decorated. Fairy lights, disco lights, flowers, lanterns, many many things are composed along the tree branches and every corner. It's literally a feast.

There's crowd and everyone's in extra cheery mood. Mom, pops and Yelena disperses around, finding themselves company, leaving Maria and I to find peace ourseleves.

"Natasha, how have you been?" Alpha Rogers approcahes me and I slightly bow in acknowledgment, so does Maria.

"I've been good, Joseph. How are you? Is your BP fine?"

"Oh my- Steven sure is a talker." He laughs heartily, making us smile, "I'm good really. I hope he doesn't talk too much." He makes a face, and I have to stifle a laughter.

"Alright, I won't bore you any longer. Enjoy your stay at the party, young woman."

"Thanks, Joseph. It was nice to meet you."

He smiles at me before slowly walking back to his group of chatters.

Feeling awkward with all the unknown people around, Maria and I head over to the snacks table in the backyard to get something to eat where we find Bruce.

"Hey." We hug briefly. "When did you get here?"

"Just a moment ago. Where's the birthday boy?"

"Dunno, haven't seen him yet." As I speak, my eyes quicky roam around to look for Steve. I wanted to wish him in private. And gift him something special.

Our mate bond. I can feel the giddiness eating at my stomach, I can't wait to see his reaction.

"There's Yelena and Peter! I'll go over to them." Maria states and I nod then she leaves.

The two younger siblings seem to have lighten up seeing Maria join them as the three of them immediately click, and start whispering something.

"You look really good, Nat." Bruce says out of nowhere and I feel a bit uncomfortable because I have never seen him so serious before.

"Thanks I guess."

I have wore a black knee length frock, with a dark blu-ish half coat over the shoulders, my hair loose like usual and tiny silver ear rings. Nothing special. But hope special enough for Steve.

"You look fine yourself." I compliment, feeling rather awkward. Which I dismay since I've never been awkward with Bruce.

I eat a cookie with one hand whereas my other hand grip the edge of the table. I jolt up when I feel a cold hand touching mine.

Bruce has placed his hand on top of mine, his hand is cold and rough, unlike the soft and warm ones of Steve, which send comfort through one touch.

I shiver, in a bad way.

I feel anger bubbling inside of me at his dare, and ready to snap and snatch my hand away, right then a storm of wind flashes right toward us and grabs my hand then rushes me out of the party.

I get dragged till we are more than away from the crowd of the house, near a lake in the back, closer to the forest where stars and the moon can be seen perfectly.

"What the hell?" I yell out, finally yanking my hand off of the boy's grip.

"What the hell? I should be the one asking that! What the hell were you doing? You were letting another boy touch you? In your mate's party?" Steve yells angrily.

I've never seen him this angry before, his  cheeks are redder under the moonlight, nose flaring up and fists clenched at his sides.

Someone as soft as Steve can be this angry, I could've never imagined before tonight.

"He's my friend. He can touch my hand like normal friends do!" I snap back, although I know the touch was anything but friendly, yet I can't let his judgement cloud my thoughts.

"Oh my Goddess, Nat! How can you be so oblivious? He is into you! He likes you!"

"Are you crazy? He doesn't like me much more than as a friend! How can you think like this? You're so judgemental! How do you even know that, huh?" I challange, stepping a bit closer.

The stars and the moon have now clouded behind as a slow wind starts to blow, indicating a start of rain, or probable storm.

He scoffs, "Of course I understand this look. That was the same look that I've been watching you with for the past two weeks, only if you noticed! You're just too oblivious!" He spits more in perturbation than anger.

I stare, stupefied.

What the-

~~~

A/N:-

Check out my new Romanogers oneshot book if you like this one.

Thank you for reading!