Chapter 22

The feeling of pure bliss engulfs me as soon as my eyes open the following morning. A feeling of being complete, pleasure, satiety overwhelms me and I feel warm and safe.

Nothing in the world can describe the feeling of love and cherishment that I feel right now, in the tight embrace of my mate after completing our mating last night. My whole world has shook and re-aligned once more.

I can still feel the soft touches of his fingers all over my body, the warm, electrifying sensation still burning every inch of my body. I feel relaxed, my mind fuzzy yet soothed down. I smile happily.

My hand flies over to where Steve has marked me, I feel the spot tingling when my finger touches it, still raw and kinda sore from him biting so hard, but I know it's the best feeling anyone could ever ask for. We are one soul now, bounded for eternity. The thought brings a shy smile on my face.

I turn in his arms and gaze up at him, his long lashes shadowed upon his pink cheeks, mouth slightly parted as he breaths through. I fawn over how beautiful he looks. So calm and serene. I love him so much.

I lean forward and place a few kisses over his collarbone, up to his neck, he stirs, his arms tightening around my hips.

I feel him smile as he kisses me on the cheek then slowly flutters his eyes open.

"I love you." I suddenly hear in my mind and my eyes widen.

Wait. Where did that come from?

I quickly glance around but nothing, my ears perk up and I see Steve chuckling.

"It's me, idiot." I hear it again and my eyes draw once more as I realize he's talking through our newly formed mind link.

Bloody hell!

I totally forgot we would be able to mind-talk after our mating. Even our wolves can hear each other now. I inhale sharply and decide to try it.

"I love you too."

And the soft look in his blue irises makes me understand that he heard it. He presses a kiss above my forhead.

"I've something to talk to you about." I say after we gaze in each other's eyes for a while longer.

"What?" He frowns, probably sensing my tensed muscles.

"Well we've got a huge mess with the Red Crescent pack and I've got a plan. Pops had agreed but I feel like you won't." I bit down on my bottom lip.

His brows furrow and he pouts, silently urging me to continue.

I describe the whole plan and then feel his arms tense, tightening around my hips in a protective grasp. I place my palms on his pale chest, gently rubbing the skin, trying to ease him down and spread some of my comfort through the touch.

"I'll be okay." Natalia speaks to Stephan through our now formed mind-link and I see a flash of yellow in his eyes.

"Let me know as soon as you sense any kind of danger. I'll be around. Promise me you'll call me?"

"I promise."

He presses another kiss on my head but I grab the back of his neck and pull him down to collide our lips in a loving kiss.

Both of us smiling when we pull apart.

~~~

I've already got almost hundred texts from Steve and my pops.

I understand both of them are anxious for me but I haven't even went inside the pack house and they're making me look suspicious because of how constantly my phone is pinging.

"You can go now." The guard says warily, eyeing me like I'm holding deadly weapons.

Swallowing and nodding I enter through the gates, my hands fiddling as my eyes wander around the huge pack house.

They look lavish and exquisite.

I hope everything goes well.

"Ms. Romanoff." My head whips around at the sound of a groggy, deep voice. "It's an honor to meet you."

"Kristoff Salazar." I try to smile somehow, but only grimacing when his bared teeth comes in my view.

"How did you even think about coming here and meeting me while we're literally in the middle of war? That's so not an Alpha trait."

I gulp.

"I just wanna talk." I say in my most confident voice. "So that this war, never happens."

Something flashes in his eyes and he stiffens, I notice his hands clenching. In a sec his eyes turn red and even before I can gather myself or Natalia, he's jumping on me.

Natalia growls and fights against my mind, trying to surface but I don't let her, I bring no harm so I try my best to dodge out from him and calm him down.

He keeps on attacking me and suddenly I feel it.

The snap in my neck, his huge, baring teeth sink down my neck and blood spills all over as my eyes wander over the wall, glazing down as I lay limp under Kristoff's heavy weight.

My sister's smile, my pops' proud face and my Steve- my Steve's baby blue eyes flash before my eyes as numbness slowly starts to engulf me, pulling me down into a dark abyss.

A loud, bone crackling, blood curdling scream of pain ripples through my eardrums, and I let the abyss drown me.

~~~

A/N:-

So sorry for abondoning the story for so long. But no worries, I've got a new chap and only another one is left.

So be ready for the twist!!!

Thank you so much for reading.
Love you all!