Chapter 9

"What did you just say, Naruto?" Sakura asked.

Wait, what?!

Is he like us?

Yoooooo, voice buddy!

Naruto was, for once, silent. It was off-putting, seeing someone usually so energetic and talkative now silent because of a secret he was afraid to share.

"I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it..." Naruto said.

"Since it's your circumstance, I'm pretty sure you're exempt from that particular rule." Kakashi claimed.

"What rule?" Sasuke asked.

"Um, I'm not much good at explaining things, but...you know how 12 years ago the Kyuubi was somehow defeated?" Naruto began. "Um, it was sealed away...inside me..."

Sakura only had one thought: That makes too much sense

It explained everything she knew about the boy. Why he was seemingly hated by everyone around him, his abnormal amount of chakra, even his birthday lined up to the event 12 years ago. Sakura voiced her thoughts.

"That...makes a lot of sense." She said to him. 

"S-So you guys don't hate me?" Naruto stuttered, and Sakura could practically feel her heart ripping in half, because the boy thought they were going to hate him like everybody else did.

"That wouldn't make sense, idiot." Sasuke stated. "You just hold it. It's not like you are the thing."

"Sasuke's right. If anything, you should be appreciated more." Sakura claimed. "You are the only thing keeping it at bay, after all."

Y'all thinking what I'm thinking?

He's ours now!

Unofficial adoption!

Sakura was surprised by the voices' new instinct to protect instead of harm, but she couldn't complain. That meant at least one person in her team was safe from them.

"Sakura, don't space out again, you'll make Sasuke think they're telling you to attack." Kakashi teased.

"A-Ah, right, sorry." Sakura replied. "For what it's worth, they really like Naruto. And Sasuke doesn't have to worry anymore, they aren't moody right now."

"Alright!" Naruto cheered.

Bruh we nearly killed one of your teammates, and you call that us being moody???

Are they even our teammates? We never finished that test.

Shit, you right.

"Oh, right." Sakura muttered, turning to her sensei. "What about the test? I'm guessing you ended it after..."

"Well, the purpose of the test was teamwork. Since two of you just confessed secrets that could get you in trouble, I'll count that and say you pass." Kakashi said.

"Oh, I kinda forgot about that..." Naruto admitted.

"I didn't, I was just too busy trying not to die." Sasuke said. 

"You must not be that powerful if we were almost able to kill you." Sakura teased.

Sasuke scoffed and looked away. "You just caught me off guard." He murmured.

As the team bickered, Kakashi watched over them, gaining a sense that he had made a huge mistake. Oh well, too late now.