Chapter 15

(Finally updating this thing lol hope this was worth the wait)

Before Sakura and the others had a chance to react, Kakashi had suddenly rushed and pushed all four of them to the side, stabbing Zabuza straight in the gut. But they didn't have a chance to celebrate, as Zabuza's wound leaked water instead of blood and-

"Sensei! Behind you!" Naruto shouted. Sure enough, Zabuza had somehow made his way behind Kakashi without any of them noticing and the figure he had stabbed released into a puddle. A water clone. Before Kakashi could even think to move, he was slashed in half by Zabuza's gigantic sword.

That's what Sakura thought at first. But then the blood draining from the bifurcated sections of his body turned clear. Somehow, Kakashi had copied Zabuza's technique through the mist and then appeared behind him, holding a kunai to Zabuza's throat.

That's our Hound.

"Don't. Move" Kakashi warned.

"Woah, awesome!" Naruto exclaimed, and Sakura had to agree. For all he presented himself as a lazy and incompetent shinobi, Kakashi was proving he was the furthest thing from it.

But then, Zabuza started laughing. It was an odd think for the man to do seeing as he was held at knife point unless-

"I am not that easy to fool."

The Zabuza Kakashi had targeted transformed back into water, as the real Zabuza appeared behind him and went to try and slice Kakashi in half. 

Kakashi was able to duck underneath the blade as it went just barely over his head and got stuck in the earth, but Zabuza was able to angle himself properly and kick Kakashi all the way into the water.

No, not all the way.

Kakashi flung himself farther so he could go under and regroup.

Sakura supposed it was smart, as Kakashi resurfaced after only a few seconds. But something was wrong. Zabuza suddenly appeared behind him again, flashing through hand signs and suddenly Kakashi was trapped in the Water Prison Jutsu.

"Don't worry," Zabuza said. "I'll take care of you, after I kill your brats and the builder. Now, who's next?"

The question was rhetorical, of course. They all knew who had Zabuza's interest from the very beginning. 

Sakura was next.