Chapter 16

The tension and bloodlust through the air was so thick, Zabuza's sword could slice through it like butter. As Team 7 stood in place, wondering what to do, Zabuza made another clone and Kakashi spoke up.

"Everyone, take Tazuna and run!" He shouted. "If he really wants to keep me here, he won't be able to move, and the clone can't be more than a certain distance away from its host. This is a fight you can't win, not now. Just go!"

Sakura knew that, of course, they wouldn't just leave him there. Kakashi was trapped and unable to move, how could he possible fight off Zabuza if they did run? Plus, with Zabuza's higher stamina and speed, they wouldn't make it very far.

And yeah, maybe Sakura cared about him just a little. But only because the voices did too.

"We- we can't just leave you here, sensei!" Naruto shouted.

"Heh, you little brats trying so hard to be called shinobi, even wearing your little headbands like one." Zabuza's clone stated. "But where I come from, you would never be referred to as shinobi. We'd call you..."

Suddenly, all Sakura could feel was a sharp pain in her gut as she was kicked by Zabuza's clone and sent flying into a tree.

"Brats." He finished.

"Sakura!" Naruto shouted, as he and Sasuke ran over to check on her.

He got you in the ribs.

How dare this rogue hurt our little girl.

We can make her strong. We will make her strong.

'Are you guys being serious right now? I can't possibly-' Sakura thought to herself, before she felt a slight sense of power wash over her. The pain in her ribs faded to a slight ache as she was able to make her way back up to her feet.

"Sakura, are you okay?!" Naruto asked.

"Sakura, you seriously can't be considering fighting Zabuza." Sasuke said. "He'll kill you!"

"I won't be doing it alone." Sakura retorted, tapping a finger to her forehead.

That's our girl.

We've got you, don't worry.

We'll make sure you win.

"Sakura, please you can't- he already busted you up bad!" Naruto begged. Sure enough, when Sakura wiped at her forehead, it came away bloody.

Wish it was that rogue's blood.

We'll make it his blood.

Hang his guts from his own sword.

"Just like Takashi, ain't ya, little girl?" Zabuza said mockingly.

"I know who you are, Zabuza." Sakura stated as she began walking forward. "I know what you want, I know what you're trying to do. And I know it won't work."

"Sakura, no!" Kakashi shouted. "You need to run! You can't-"

"Ah, shut up, Hatake." Zabuza said. "Let the little girl have her moment before I kill her, yeah?"

The rush of chakra flooding Sakura's veins was almost overwhelming, but she didn't care. She had never felt so much power in her life, there was no way she was letting the opportunity to use it slip by. She felt the ground slightly shift beneath her feet and- Oh. She was walking on the surface of the water.

That's our girl.

Go fourth. Spill his blood.

Make us proud.

Blood for the Blood God.