Chapter 27

What the hell is that?!

An ice jutsu?! We haven't seen that in ages.

This is not good.

A cut suddenly appeared on Sasuke's shoulder, before a blur surrounded him and he was practically being cut to ribbons. Sakura could barely see Sasuke through Haku's movements, but she could hear him. She could hear him screaming in horrible pain and tears stung in her eyes. She wanted to help him, to get him out of that situation, but she couldn't leave Tazuna by himself. He was this place's only hope.

For the first time in a while, Sakura felt completely helpless. She felt so weak and useless. 'We never should have taken this god-forsaken mission.' She thought to herself as tears stung her eyes.

With shaking hands and a violently beating heart, she let go of Tazuna's hand as the man gave her a nod. She unclasped her weapon pouch, took out a kunai, and ran a short distance to throw the knife into the icy dome. Alas, it did nothing as Haku peeked out from one of the mirrors and caught it without trouble. 

Abruptly, from seemingly nowhere, a pair of shuriken came and knocked Haku out of his mirror and onto the ground, and a puff of smoke appeared in the middle of the bridge.

Sakura felt her chest lighten with relief. Of course, it'd be him to save the day. Her boy. Making a dramatic entrance like always, but it wouldn't be him without the theatrics. As the smoke cleared, Sakura has never been happier to see the color orange in her life.

"Heya, Naruto Uzumaki at your service!"