Chapter 25

"Thanks again for watching over Naruto," Kakashi said as he, Sakura, Sasuke, and Tazuna all prepared to head to the bridge. "He's pushed himself to exhaustion. He'll likely be unable to move for most of today."

"It's no trouble," Tsunami said. "Be careful out there, all of you!"

"Will do, miss." Sakura assured.

The four began to make the walk to the bridge. After today, construction would most likely be done. Then Team 7 could go back home. Sakura was relieved. Sure, Tazuna and his family were nice but at the end of the day, she wanted to curl up in her bed reading Art of War with the light chitchat of the voices to listen to.

"I can't thank you enough for agreeing to stay here and assist us," Tazuna said as they were walking. 

"It's not a problem, Tazuna. I'm glad we decided to stay." Kakashi replied.

Sakura smiled to herself but then paused in her walking.

Something's wrong something's wrong

Danger danger danger

They've arrived, Sakura. 

"What happened, Sakura?" Sasuke asked. "Are- Are they saying something?"

"We need to hurry. He's here." Sakura said, hurrying to the bridge.

When the four arrived at the bridge, they saw something that could be described as a massacre. Bodies were littered all over the bridge, though some of the workers were still alive. As Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke surrounded Tazuna, the mist around them condensed. Zabuza's technique.

"Ah, Kakashi. It's been a while." They heard Zabuza's voice say. "I see you've got your brats like last time. The little Uchiha, and Takashi's brat. Aw, and the poor boy is shaking."

As Zabuza finished speaking, the team was suddenly encircled by clones of him. Sasuke was shaking, that much was true. However, he looked much more confident than when the team faced Zabuza previously.

"You misunderstand, I'm excited," Sasuke declared, pulling out a kunai.

"Go ahead, Sasuke." Kakashi prompted.

As Zabuza's clones sped forward, so did Sasuke. Sakura could barely keep up with him as he sliced each clone, dissipating each of them until he went back into the formation around Tazuna.

"Well, well. Looks like at least one of these brats has matured into a worthy opponent, ey Haku?" The four hear Zabuza say. They look over to see him on the opposite side of the bridge with a masked individual by his side.

"Indeed they have." The masked figure, presumably Haku, replied.

Sakura took a good look at the masked shinobi. He gave little to no clues about their identity. He was a perfect mix of androgyny that honestly made Sakura a little jealous. He was dressed in very traditional clothing. Sakura wondered how he fought in it.

"That one's mine," Sasuke claimed, stepping forward. "I want a good challenge."

"He's quite an impressive one," Haku noted. "Even with the reduced strength of your clones, he took them down efficiently."

"We're still on the attack, don't forget that," Zabuza claimed.

"Of course not, sir," Haku said before suddenly vanishing. He reappeared in front of Sasuke who barely had enough time to fight back as the two began to clash.